AUH check in time for 03:35 EY103

Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:54 am
Original Poster

AUH check in time for 03:35 EY103

Flying EY103 AUH-JFK in F tonight (technically tomorrow morning) at 03:35.

Etihad.com says 4 hours prior for AUH departures. EY F help desk gave us conflicting information.

Has anyone tried checking in earlier than that?
Old Oct 21, 2016, 9:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
You should be able to check earlier than that without any issue, I will check in more thatn 5hs in order to relax at the First Class Lounge

Last edited by fedechat; Oct 21, 2016 at 9:59 am
Old Oct 21, 2016, 11:52 am

Programs: SK Gold, AF Gold, Marriott Platinum
Ouch, I don't think I could ever spend 5 hours in a lounge, even if it's F
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:13 pm

It'll be delayed by 30-60 minutes for sure.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:09 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by gojko88
I have to disagree. I spent 7 hours in the old Etihad First and thoroughly enjoyed it. An excellent meal, a nice cigar more than enough to drink, excellent service and stuff to read

I have chosen to spend 4 hours rather than a shorter 2 hour layover on my next flights simply because the stay in the business lounge is far more pleasurable than trying to get into Bangkok at the peak of the rush hour
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by gojko88
But for a flight with a departure time of 3:35am, what else you can do after 10pm in Abu Dhabi? after a long day, is time to relax/eat and drink
Old Oct 24, 2016, 9:05 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Any pre clearance flight closes 2 hours prior to departure. I would show up no later than 1:35am. After that point, luggage will no longer be accepted and a boarding pass will not be issued without supervisor approval. I personally had the limo pick me up from Dubai Internet city / Palm around 12:00am ( they wanted to come way, way earlier, I said no) . Arrived at AUH at 12:45am with PLENTY of time to spare.

If your passport has been registered with e gate will will take minutes to clear UAE customs. Its mandatory to register for the egate if you are departing AUH. As a guide, I would go to the pre clearance area 1 hour prior to departure, if you have Global Entry. 45 minutes would be pushing it.

The folks at Etihad are over zealous to get people to go to the pre clearance area early, I had to insist that it would literally take me minutes to clear. ( managed to squeeze in a last minute spa appointment) and mozy'd over there 60-45 minutes before departure. There were no lines. There is no incentive to go early, its full of pax, 500 of them !

If you don't have e gate registration and global entry, or flying economy add extra time. Then you have to show up 4 hours before.

Last edited by OpenSky; Oct 24, 2016 at 9:10 pm
Old Oct 25, 2016, 7:33 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
EY F check-in is open 24/7.

It is quite easy to spend several hours in the EY F lounge.
Old Oct 26, 2016, 8:52 am

Originally Posted by OpenSky
Any pre clearance flight closes 2 hours prior to departure. I would show up no later than 1:35am. After that point, luggage will no longer be accepted and a boarding pass will not be issued without supervisor approval. I personally had the limo pick me up from Dubai Internet city / Palm around 12:00am ( they wanted to come way, way earlier, I said no) . Arrived at AUH at 12:45am with PLENTY of time to spare.

If your passport has been registered with e gate will will take minutes to clear UAE customs. Its mandatory to register for the egate if you are departing AUH. As a guide, I would go to the pre clearance area 1 hour prior to departure, if you have Global Entry. 45 minutes would be pushing it.

The folks at Etihad are over zealous to get people to go to the pre clearance area early, I had to insist that it would literally take me minutes to clear. ( managed to squeeze in a last minute spa appointment) and mozy'd over there 60-45 minutes before departure. There were no lines. There is no incentive to go early, its full of pax, 500 of them !

If you don't have e gate registration and global entry, or flying economy add extra time. Then you have to show up 4 hours before.
Thanks for the tips.
Can you confirm eGate registration? I read is only available for Citizen or Residents of UAE, so I don't understand why is mandatory if you are leaving from AUH.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 7:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP >3 Million miles,HH Lifetime Diamond
We just returned from AUH last week, US passports, and registered for E-gate. I dont know that it is mandatory but the checkin desk directed us to register, which took about 30 seconds, a retinal scan, and a sticker for your passport.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 4:32 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by worldiswide
We just returned from AUH last week, US passports, and registered for E-gate. I dont know that it is mandatory but the checkin desk directed us to register, which took about 30 seconds, a retinal scan, and a sticker for your passport.
always annoying when something is done quickly and efficiently

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.