Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade request using earned miles

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2016, 11:49 pm
Original Poster

Upgrade request using earned miles

We are now Gold members and occasionally get emails encouraging us to use our miles for upgrades. However when I click on the link it just takes us to the normal booking page and I never see any option to upgrade. Can an upgrade be processed online or do we have to contact Etihad after a normal booking?
Old Oct 17, 2016, 1:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
http://www.etihad.com/en-gb/before-y...ge-my-booking/

Put in your details, then login to your EY guest account in the top right hand corner. Then click on upgrade using miles.

If you cannot do this, contact the call centre.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
http://www.etihad.com/en-gb/before-y...ge-my-booking/

Put in your details, then login to your EY guest account in the top right hand corner. Then click on upgrade using miles.

If you cannot do this, contact the call centre.
Thanks for that. I don't find Etihad website easy to navigate when trying to find things on it.

I followed your instructions and eventually found 'Flight Upgrades'. However it only seems to refer to an existing booking which is of no use as I want to be sure that there will be a guaranteed upgrade on any confirmed booking which doesn't seem to be the case certainly online. Would be reluctant to phone Etihad to confirm availability in advance as I don't have sufficient trust in their Customer Service.

Is there any other way to know in advance? For example with Thai you can see online which dates and flights have award tickets available.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 9:09 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
You can check the availability using this:

http://www.etihad.com/en/plan-and-bo...ption-flights/

Select the cabin class you with to upgrade TO and if there is availability it will show under "Guest Seat" column
Old Oct 19, 2016, 3:57 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I would contact Etihad either in an office or over the phone and get them to identify for you the flights you can upgrade and then go straight to the booking page.

However even simpler get Etihad to juggle all the information and make the bookings and the upgrades. In the UK there was a £10 cost for telephone booking and it was well worth it as I had connecting flights so need to ensure the upgrades were available on both

Etihad gets many a kicking for it's customer service but in my experience the call center in the UK is excellent
Old Oct 26, 2016, 6:09 am

Do any of you have any success stories in being able to upgrade your economy class seats to business class seats using miles (guest seat) to routes like New York (JFK – AUH)?

From what I see it is pretty darn near impossible.

I just checked online for guest seats on a JFK – AUH route and found a grand total of SIX flights with guest seat availability out of the entire year (between now up to end Sep 2017).

That’s right. Just six flights with biz class upgrade availability on this route until 30 Sep 2017 (all in Jan-Feb 2017, for some reason).

… unless this is a case of guest seats not being released yet?

How can it be? Can all guest seats really already be sold out until one year out except for just six days on this route???
Old Oct 30, 2016, 12:07 am

On busy business routes with they release minimal seats to upgrade as theres a good chance it will get purchased,your best bet will be ask at the airport
Old Oct 30, 2016, 6:00 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
yes with Etihad I booked manchester/Abu Dhabi/nairobi and return. I did it by telephone and the staff were incredibly helpful working out the options in order that I could travel in Business on all legs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.