Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

problem getting seats together for family?

Old Oct 14, 2016, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

we had booked out tickets through a travel agent (US to India) and were told at that time the seats would be together. now we are within 24 hours time period of the flight and we saw that all our seats are in different places in the place.

we have a 22 month old for whom we paid and got ticket and can in no way be seated separate.

if we go the airport and ask, would the staff try to put us all together?? i tried over phone and they said they cannot do anything now and said flight is full and we have to try at the airport.

pretty concerned as it is a long flight, US to Abu dhabi and to chennai and then our 22 month cannot be seated alone!

any input based on similar experience appreciated.
Old Oct 17, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat; WoH Exp; AS Gold; AA Plat
Certain seats are under airport control and at check in they should be able to seat you together. Try and get to the airport early and be one of the first to check in.

Originally Posted by sunrisegrove1
we had booked out tickets through a travel agent (US to India) and were told at that time the seats would be together. now we are within 24 hours time period of the flight and we saw that all our seats are in different places in the place.

we have a 22 month old for whom we paid and got ticket and can in no way be seated separate.

if we go the airport and ask, would the staff try to put us all together?? i tried over phone and they said they cannot do anything now and said flight is full and we have to try at the airport.

pretty concerned as it is a long flight, US to Abu dhabi and to chennai and then our 22 month cannot be seated alone!

any input based on similar experience appreciated.
Old Oct 18, 2016, 8:25 am

You might need to ask the purser to help you as gate agents and check in could help you but may not want to be helpful. Call center cannot help you if seats are taken in seat map at least in my experience.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.