Quality and discount on Etihad flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2016, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX, SQ, UA
Quality and discount on Etihad flight

Dear all,

I have never flied with Etihad and have several questions to ask:-

First, overall speaking, how is the quality of this airline? For example, compare with Emirates and Qatar. Is it on par with them or have a huge difference in service / flight / airport (in terms of transit)?

Second, yesterday I was looking for flight price (Hong Kong to Tehran return trip, with transit in Abu Dhabi), it's strange for me because the price for the exact date and flight were different with just within 2-3 minutes. And the difference is talking about USD300. The ticket class is the same and everything else is the same, just the price is different. Anyone has any idea why this happen?

Third, is there anyway here or in the flyertalk website that I can look for any promo code for Etihad airline (or other airline) that I can use for discount?

Hope someone who has any idea on the above could help me.

Thanks a lot
Franky
Old Oct 7, 2016, 10:41 pm

My brother came home with so many complaints after flying Etihad, it was ridiculous. He was in J. Lousy check-in agents who don't know the rules and racist flight attendants among others.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 4:24 am

Originally Posted by ccyao
...racist flight attendants among others.
Would you care to elaborate?
Old Oct 8, 2016, 5:05 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
What class of travel?

Etihad is generally good but like all airlines not perfect. On board service is generally excellent and racist flight attendants does not sound right to me and I would take ccyao's comments with a pinch of salt

the one area where Etihad may fall down is the transit at Abu Dhabi where transferring between terminals can be a pain (security check) but this is the government rather than Etihad and the fact that if you are flying out of T1 in premium it is hard to take advantage of the premium boarding due to lack of space

prices continually change check out places like skyscanner, Momodo and Kayak for deals as well as keeping an eye out for promotions on the etihad site

All three airlines are good in business class (etihad and Emirates offer chauffeurs) which may be a benefit.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 5:52 am

Programs: HH Diamond, EY Gold, AY Silver, MR Plat
My brother came home with so many complaints after flying Etihad, it was ridiculous. He was in J. Lousy check-in agents who don't know the rules and racist flight attendants among others.
I have done close to a hundred flights with EY in the last ten years. About 35% in business class and 65% in economy.

I can't recall any issues with racism on any flight. The service in economy can be a mixed bag, but no different with other airlines. The service in business class has always been brilliant. As others mentioned the transit situation AUH can be a nightmare at times.
Old Oct 8, 2016, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX, SQ, UA
My situation is economy class.

I am just a casual traveler and not frequent business traveler at all.

I ask particularly for Etihad because Emirates and Qatar have more presence and long history compared to Etihad, at least in Hong Kong or Asia in general.

Does anyone has Etihad promo code again?

Thanks a lot
Franky
Old Oct 8, 2016, 10:10 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by KLouis
.......I suspect we’ll never know “the truth”...@:-)
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:14 am

He and my mom were holding Business Class boarding passes, but were sent to Economy. This was never a problem with the Caucasians.

Originally Posted by KLouis
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:15 am

Originally Posted by eddibabyyeah
I have done close to a hundred flights with EY in the last ten years. About 35% in business class and 65% in economy.

I can't recall any issues with racism on any flight. The service in economy can be a mixed bag, but no different with other airlines. The service in business class has always been brilliant. As others mentioned the transit situation AUH can be a nightmare at times.
Lucky for you. First time they flew on my recommendation, and none of them were happy. Neither were the rest of their party seated in Y.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:16 am

Supposedly undergoing investigation. i am not holding my breath.

Originally Posted by NoY
.......I suspect we’ll never know “the truth”...@:-)
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by amnicoll
What class of travel?
Business Class.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 3:24 am

Price is generally cheaper than other airlines I have flown. Join their pogram and hey will email you about sales.

Originally Posted by frankyday

Third, is there anyway here or in the flyertalk website that I can look for any promo code for Etihad airline (or other airline) that I can use for discount?

Hope someone who has any idea on the above could help me.

Thanks a lot
Franky
Old Oct 9, 2016, 5:04 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
He and my mom were holding Business Class boarding passes, but were sent to Economy. This was never a problem with the Caucasians.
What you imagine that they do not make mistakes with Caucasians?

sounds to me like you have a chip on your shoulder
Old Oct 9, 2016, 5:44 am

Maybe I do, but it has never happened to myself or any one I know on another airline so I am standing by it.

Originally Posted by amnicoll
What you imagine that they do not make mistakes with Caucasians?

sounds to me like you have a chip on your shoulder
Old Oct 9, 2016, 10:42 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I suspect that there is more being left out of this “story” than there is being told @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.