Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Quality and discount on Etihad flight

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2016, 11:22 pm

Programs: EY, QR Platinum, BA Gold
Originally Posted by NoY
I suspect that there is more being left out of this “story” than there is being told @:-)
absolutely agree. You're just not "sent to economy" class when holding business class tickets and boarding passes and I seriously doubt racism was a factor.

Maybe they only had "one croissant" left in J so that could be the reason. LOL
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:06 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by flightcrew1
absolutely agree. You're just not "sent to economy" class when holding business class tickets and boarding passes and I seriously doubt racism was a factor.

Maybe they only had "one croissant" left in J so that could be the reason. LOL
LOL. Yes, the infamous “one croissant story”....what a load of...ahem...tosh!
Old Oct 10, 2016, 1:17 am

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
I cannot imagine anyone ever being mugged in NYC, I have been there multiple times, never faced any problems, so anyone who says he was mugged, well, there is probably more to the story ... never happened to me, so cannot happen to anyone else

Coming to EY, the actual cabin service is not too much behind EK and Qatar, but the boarding/airport/transfer experience may feel underwhelming....
Old Oct 10, 2016, 4:11 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by NoY
I suspect that there is more being left out of this “story” than there is being told @:-)
Me too. Most airlines will overbook at times and either book alternative flight or downgrade from business to economy. I am 100% certain that they do not make the decision on who by race. true I would not be a happy bunny if I were downgraded and it would put me in a bad mood to say the least
Old Oct 10, 2016, 8:50 pm

Like what? This "story" is very direct. <y family got bad service from Etihad.

If you would like to promote Etihad to OP, attacking my story is not going to help.

Maybe you should tell him about your positive experiences instead.

Originally Posted by NoY
Old Oct 10, 2016, 8:52 pm

No overbooking and no downgrade. Upon realizing they were being sent to the wrong cabin, they turned around and went to their seats.

But this should not happen as they showed their J boarding passes to the flight attendant.

Originally Posted by amnicoll
Me too. Most airlines will overbook at times and either book alternative flight or downgrade from business to economy. I am 100% certain that they do not make the decision on who by race. true I would not be a happy bunny if I were downgraded and it would put me in a bad mood to say the least
Old Oct 13, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Well similar thing happened to me in J of Air Canada.

Full flight. Everyone got served Dinner except for 1 person. ME. I was fully awake AND I was the only none white guy in the J cabin. Don't know much to think of it. I did call the Cabin manager, She apologized and reason given was. "sorry he didn't see you" On Air Canada 777 all seats face Aisle. Anyway, as long as she apologized and the server was also called to apologize. I'm alright with it.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:38 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by a310pilot

Full flight. Everyone got served Dinner except for 1 person. ME. I was fully awake AND I was the only none white guy in the J cabin. Don't know much to think of it. I did call the Cabin manager, She apologized and reason given was. "sorry he didn't see you" On Air Canada 777 all seats face Aisle. Anyway, as long as she apologized and the server was also called to apologize. I'm alright with it.
Out of interest was this an eat when you want or the fixed time service?
Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:09 am

Originally Posted by a310pilot

I never faced this problem in Air Canada, so there has to be more to it,

Dont blame me, I am just mirroring some of the "arguments" used by some people whenever someone else mentions such case ....

"It didnt happen to me, so I am sure it cannot happen to anyone else" ..
Old Oct 14, 2016, 9:12 am

Programs: EY
Originally Posted by NoY
Yeah OP is being extremely vague. Business class passengers don't just get sent to economy for no reason, only plausible situation I could see is that if the business class was overbooked, in which case you are due at least a partial refund. But the blanket statement that they were singled out due to their race does not seem to be supported by what OP's mentioned so far.
Old Oct 14, 2016, 2:03 pm

Originally Posted by xobile
Yeah OP is being extremely vague. Business class passengers don't just get sent to economy for no reason, only plausible situation I could see is that if the business class was overbooked, in which case you are due at least a partial refund. But the blanket statement that they were singled out due to their race does not seem to be supported by what OP's mentioned so far.
4 posts above your post, OP says clearly what happened ....
Old Oct 14, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by LonghornDXB
4 posts above your post, OP says clearly what happened ....
I've never had any problems on EY and EK. But I do know cabin crew tend to stereotype Indians and Africans and may unintentionally do something that could be construed racist.

BTW, I'm assuming Longhorn means UT. In which case, I hope Charlie Strong gets fired after losing to Iowa State this weekend.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 12:02 am

Programs: OWE, *A-G, EY Plat, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
I suspect it was probably a case of ground staff looking you quickly and making a snap judgment that you must be flying Y. I have had this before when flying BA. Keep in mind I am young looking for my age, and was wearing my old college crew training top and some comfy jeans. I turned up at BA F checkin and told that the Y checkin was the other side of the terminal. I carried on walking as I knew where I was going. I was then asked First? Or, Gold?. I responded with "both". Never have I seen someone look so sheepish when a few taps confirmed it.

So, I wouldn't call it racism. I would call it incredibly poor customer service, which is something that EY excel at providing! And please, let's not kid ourselves here. It's not like they are a real 5 star airline.
Old Oct 15, 2016, 3:05 am

Originally Posted by krazieman
I've never had any problems on EY and EK. But I do know cabin crew tend to stereotype Indians and Africans and may unintentionally do something that could be construed racist.

BTW, I'm assuming Longhorn means UT. In which case, I hope Charlie Strong gets fired after losing to Iowa State this weekend.
Yup, hook 'em

Sometimes it is intentional, other times it is unintentional.

But yes, it is not always racism, sometimes it is just poor judgement.

Picture this scenario before a flight to South Asia at AUH this summer ..

The GA is calling passengers to gatecheck their carryons as it is a full flight .... after she is done with anyone who looks remotely blue collar, she gestures or snaps with her fingers for them to go back.

I go up, am greeted, and told to have a good flight, others get a finger snap and rolled eyes if they ask any question.

Is it racism? or elitism? the GA herself is from one of the poorer Arab countries. Or is it just plane rudeness. ...
Old Oct 15, 2016, 8:01 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Originally Posted by amnicoll
Out of interest was this an eat when you want or the fixed time service?
Fixed service (Choice of meal was taken. - I picked Stake)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.