EY FC lounge ... only for super models?

Old Sep 28, 2016, 1:50 pm
Original Poster

EY FC lounge ... only for super models?

So I finally tested the EY FC lounge. Astonishingly unimpressive, compared with EK. Only the gym really rocks.

But the food! No choice (only four main courses changing monthly). And the portion sizes! Never seen anything such ridiculously small. They must be catering to super models on hunger strike.

Unfortunately I am too shy to ask for multiple main courses; so i just caught myself dreaming of EK's offering.
Old Sep 29, 2016, 3:59 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I ate in the old First class lounge before the changes and the food was superb so disappointed to hear this

i am never too shy to ask for more. On my last CX flight from HK to Manchester I had 3 breakfasts the 2 Chinese ones were great but the western one left much to be desired
Old Sep 29, 2016, 4:53 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Sorry, but that is just not true. The portions are small (as they are in a good restaurant) but the catering is based on a "restaurant style service". You can order as many courses as you want most guests I have seen went with at least three courses.

The quality of the food is great as well and so is the service.

I am definitely a fan of this dining concept
Old Sep 30, 2016, 2:54 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CalFlyer
And the portion sizes! Never seen anything such ridiculously small. They must be catering to super models on hunger strike.
Or maybe you're realising the the rest of the World doesn't overconsume American sized portions?
Old Sep 30, 2016, 3:16 am

Some of us may remember Nouvelle Cuisine

You had to go out for a meal after you had finished - at least here you can go back for more without damaging your wallet even if you worry what your fellow travelers might think
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by m0hamed
Or maybe you're realising the the rest of the World doesn't overconsume American sized portions?
Oh, how I ( a European) would have loved an American sized portion! Or at least the meal size as they serve on the EK lounge!
Old Oct 1, 2016, 9:34 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by h1ghfly3r
Sorry, but that is just not true. The portions are small (as they are in a good restaurant) but the catering is based on a "restaurant style service". You can order as many courses as you want most guests I have seen went with at least three courses.

The quality of the food is great as well and so is the service.

I am definitely a fan of this dining concept
I don't know, I do not think it is appropriate to have guests order three main courses because you under-size the portions. And let us face it, the food is far away from haute cuisine (not even close to EK's FC lounge food).
Old Oct 1, 2016, 11:24 am

Well I dined in the EY (F)lounge a couple of weeks ago and had no complaint about the size of the portions; or indeed their willingness to continually refill my glass.

If you wish to stuff yourself silly without having to continually summon a waiter in order to request more food then there's the help-yourself buffet at the other end of the lounge!

I also ate in the EK (F)lounge last week and certainly would not say the portions were three times the size which is the impression I get from your post in which you refer to a potential need to order three main courses in the EY (F)lounge..
Old Oct 2, 2016, 5:09 am

Originally Posted by CalFlyer
I don't know, I do not think it is appropriate to have guests order three main courses because you under-size the portions. And let us face it, the food is far away from haute cuisine (not even close to EK's FC lounge food).
why not as long as you are not depriving someone else?
Old Oct 4, 2016, 3:41 am

Programs: FB LT Plat, BA LTG, LH HON
You don't even need to ask. I was their with a colleague and he polished off his meal in short order and the waiter invited him to choose another main - so just look hungry!

Got to agree the EK lounge food is better.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.