Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New F amenity kits

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2016, 4:04 pm

Programs: United 1K, Bonvoy Ambassador
New Amenity Kit AUH-BOM

I flew NRT-AUH-BOM on Oct 12. Had the old amenity kit on NRT-AUH and then the new male kit waiting in the vanity AUH-BOM. Both flights had the new soaps/sprays in the bathrooms. The products are nice the bottles look very cheap though. The gold lettering was rubbed all off. I really liked the look of the old soaps/sprays. When I told the butler that I was excited about the new amenity kit she asked if I wanted a female version as well which I said, "yes please"! They are actually very nice bags. I like them much more than the last ones. I can take pics of them if anyone is interested.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:50 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by chgodrew
I flew NRT-AUH-BOM on Oct 12. Had the old amenity kit on NRT-AUH and then the new male kit waiting in the vanity AUH-BOM. Both flights had the new soaps/sprays in the bathrooms. The products are nice the bottles look very cheap though. The gold lettering was rubbed all off. I really liked the look of the old soaps/sprays. When I told the butler that I was excited about the new amenity kit she asked if I wanted a female version as well which I said, "yes please"! They are actually very nice bags. I like them much more than the last ones. I can take pics of them if anyone is interested.
Butler, in F?
Old Oct 23, 2016, 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by NoY
Butler, in F?
When there is no one in the residence the butler helps in first class. She told me there is a butler on every flight because there can be a last minute booking.
Old Oct 23, 2016, 9:54 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by chgodrew
When there is no one in the residence the butler helps in first class. She told me there is a butler on every flight because there can be a last minute booking.
Interesting. Never seen one on all my F flights even though Residence was empty.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NoY
Interesting. Never seen one on all my F flights even though Residence was empty.
They are there just normally in regular white jacket FMB Manager uniform. They only wear the butler garb when serving the residence I believe
Old Oct 24, 2016, 3:37 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Big important change to the kit for men;

There used to be a 'Schick' (spelling) brand razor in the bag which was so good I stopped carrying one for my short ME trips. This is now gone and replaced with a no brand POS face cutter. I seriously sliced my skin up using it and stopped half way through.

Another naff pointless cost cut of a few cents

The bag itself was a non-descript grey zipped sack which had snap fasteners on the side. The products were even more rubbish and small than before. Oh it is leather or leatherette I think

Those looking forward to this are going to be disappointed, but seriously heed the warning about the razor and don't let it near your face
Old Oct 24, 2016, 12:02 pm

There is no difference between the male and female version except for the razor (only available in the male version). The male version can be used as a cover for a tablet computer.
Attached Images   
Old Oct 24, 2016, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
They are there just normally in regular white jacket FMB Manager uniform. They only wear the butler garb when serving the residence I believe
Yes, she wasn't wearing the butler uniform, but the white food and beverage uniform like you pointed out. She introduced herself as the first class cabin manager right after I boarded. When we had a 2 hour ground delay we chatted in the lounge area and she explained how everything worked, and how she was actually a butler. Was very interesting learning more about the residence and everything she does when it is occupied.
Old Oct 24, 2016, 8:50 pm

Thanks for the photos. The men's kit looks positively terrible. Not liking that cheap looking generic gray "leather". Bring back the old kits, or just borrow some from QR.
Old Oct 28, 2016, 11:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
I find the new male bag to be very nice quality.

I prefer Le Labo, but the new brand does smell nice.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 10:52 pm

Programs: TK Elite, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver
Got the new male kit yesterday. I personally prefer the old male pouch but the new female pouch is much nicer than the old one As for the contents, Le Labo is still my favorite.
Old Nov 18, 2016, 11:17 am

Have flown 8 sectors over the last fortnight in a combination of both first and business, LHR - AUH - BKK sectors. Equipment was A346 on one sector LHR - AUH) and then 77W on all others.

Both business and first had the new amenity kits and they have now apparently been rolled out fleet wide.

Not overly taken on the new male first kit although the female kit is very nice indeed.

Agree on the comments that the cosmetics have taken a backward step and they should have stuck with Le Labo.

http://www.aviationimagenetwork.com/...ys/i-PJZCbtL/A

Last edited by EY11; Nov 18, 2016 at 1:19 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.