Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

F Chauffeur service denied in NY as I stay in NY only 23 hours

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:35 am
Original Poster

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP

I have an award booking in F (AA miles) ticketed several months ago, flying from Abu Dhabi with EY103 and arriving JFK at 9:35 am on Sep 19th.
I will spend the day and the following night in NY, then leaving the next morning, Sep 20th, with same record locator, to Mia at 8:15 am.
I booked the chauffeur online but I never received confirmation, so I called reservations and I was told that my chauffeur request was denied because they consider my stay in New York a transit...like I should stay 23 hours at the airport?!?
Anybody had the same issue? I understand that they want to cut costs and chauffeur is not going to be available from now on for award tickets, but this is an old reservation and I find quite ridicolous this denial.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:42 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
A connection under 24 hours is a transit, and per the Etihad Chauffeur Service T&C's makes it ineligible.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 5:35 pm

You opted to stay the night instead of taking the next connecting flight. Good idea but no chauffeur! You can take the airtrain for next to nothing.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP/OWE, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by erik123
You opted to stay the night instead of taking the next connecting flight. Good idea but no chauffeur! You can take the airtrain for next to nothing.
True, and that's assuming the transit system during rush hour can get him there in under the 1.5-hours it will take the E train to run from Manhattan to Queens, assuming the normal delays and snail rushhour pace.
Old Aug 19, 2016, 10:53 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Them’s the rules - nowhere to go with that - simple.
Old Aug 20, 2016, 11:47 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
It's generally knwon that <24 hrs is transit and chauffeur drive is not available during transits, so really no fault of EY here for once

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.