Online check-in Bangkok lounge Access

Old Jul 27, 2016, 1:22 pm
Original Poster

Online check-in Bangkok lounge Access

Hi All,

Does anyone know what the process is for accessing the Louis Tavern Lounge (Flying Etihad Gold Card economy) when checking in online? Previously when checking in at the airport Etihad handed me the fast track and lounge across card at the counter.

As I have a tight connection in Dublin I don't want to check-in a bag (Etihad's Dublin baggage service is incredibly slow unless you happen to be crew). I was therefore hoping to avoid the check-in desk as they have argued with me in past about my hand luggage being 1kg overweight (no checked bag).

Last edited by theluckyrebel; Jul 27, 2016 at 1:56 pm
Old Jul 29, 2016, 4:15 am

Programs: BA Gold/OWE
I had a very similar requirement recently, flying PG domestically and connecting to MH. Clearly PG couldn't give me the lounge invitation at Chiang Mai, so I went to one of the transit desks at BKK and they were happy to give me the required invitation (and confirm my bags had been transferred from PG). Similar to you, I was an elite flying Y, so eligible for the Louis Tavern.

The trick is to find the correct transit desk ! There are three desks, separated by a very long walk. IIRC they are labelled East and West, one of which has one desk and the other has two desks. You will need to find which one handles EY, or at least non-TG and alliance partners. For MH (Oneworld) it was one of the two desks, and there was a sign indicating which airlines it served.

I'm sure I could have explained this better but I hope it helps
Old Jul 29, 2016, 5:48 am

Programs: UAMP, DLSM, EYEG, QRPC
If uou depart from BKK then I think you will need to show at counter for document verify, boarding pass and lounge voucher will be issued. Online check-in is just not that effective here

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.