Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 9:41 pm

Programs: A3*G, QF PLATINUM, BA GOLD, VA GOLD, HH DIAMOND
Originally Posted by tasnam
Thanks.....going to try to get the Residence....^
How are you going to 'try' and do that?
Old Sep 27, 2016, 1:32 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Aussie_flyer
How are you going to 'try' and do that?
Only two ways are possible: cash or miles. “Blagging/begging” certainly won’t work ^^ (not that I’m suggesting any would!)
Old Sep 27, 2016, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mikelat
How old was your child? We are travelling later this month with a 6 month old and I did not even realize that there was a bassinet option in the Apartments. I was hoping I could bring out our infant car seat and secure him in that with the seatbelt but I've read that may not be allowed. Having a bassinet might be a decent option if the platform isn't wobbly (sorry, but somewhat hoping you had a bad one)
Was 3 months, and really sorry for not noticing your question. I guess you've flown it already.
The bassinet is good for up to 13kg.

Bringing a car seat on board will be a hassle because:
- you need to book a separate suite at the child occupying seat (so quite pricey).
- the car may only be good for take off/landing (but see below) and some off time because apparently infants shouldn't spend too much in them to begin with - there is a recent study recommending no more than 2 hours a day.
- it would be far better for the infant to be feeding (obviously in lap) during take off/landing to help relief ear pressure.
- there is no way to know whether the baby is up/annoyed or asleep (to make sure their head isn't titled down) without going to the other Apartment, quite the hassle. And besides babies like to see/smell their parents around. Left alone in an Apartment is def something not recommended given it's a a new environment as it could stress them.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 12:21 am

Let's be honest its an amazing product and i do think its the best currently available (I believe many of the ground issues will improve with the new terminal opening). Now I have flown it both ways LHR-AUH and had some time to think about it i think they have missed a few tricks.

The shower is too small and complicated (took 2 crew several minutes one time to get it working).

The build quality of the apartment is poor all of the doors/spaces are difficult open/close then they open/close whenever they feel like it. No catch on the apartment doors results in one of them opening almost straight away due to the flight incline. This was especially annoying as my young child kept wandering off. Seriously? My cheap kitchen cabinets at home perform better than this!

My wife did enjoy the lounge area once with other pax but I still think this is dead weight as no other F pax used it on either flight. Also I believe I was the only one to use the shower both ways.

Food is outstanding.

Residence unoccupied both ways. I also notice they have slashed the residence price. Have we have seen the concord moment for this class???

I understand most of you are transiting but the arrival experience at AUH is also great with the now sepersted business only and F only entrance connecting straight to Etihad's private security for F and business.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:19 am

Originally Posted by chriswortley5
Etihad's private security for F and business.
Unless this is unmanned - then you have to walk all the way around and join the regular queue at the back.
Old Dec 13, 2016, 7:47 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Unless this is unmanned - then you have to walk all the way around and join the regular queue at the back.
I don't know what it was like before the changes but when arriving by car the now seperate first and business entrances/counters both funnel directly into a dedicated security. There would be no other security option if this was closed as you would be airside straight away. I really liked this setup as the private F entrance to the F lounge (including check-in and security) are in a space no more than 50 metres apart.

What is even better is if in economy you can pay to use this facility and gain business lounge access using the departure meet and assist.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 1:59 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Except they funnel Y passengers into this security lane, once your passport is set up for eGate then it makes little difference

ADAC doesn't give a hoot about premium passengers except those locals who command privilege.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 8:55 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by chriswortley5
Let's be honest its an amazing product and i do think its the best currently available (I believe many of the ground issues will improve with the new terminal opening). Now I have flown it both ways LHR-AUH and had some time to think about it i think they have missed a few tricks.

The shower is too small and complicated (took 2 crew several minutes one time to get it working).

The build quality of the apartment is poor all of the doors/spaces are difficult open/close then they open/close whenever they feel like it. No catch on the apartment doors results in one of them opening almost straight away due to the flight incline. This was especially annoying as my young child kept wandering off. Seriously? My cheap kitchen cabinets at home perform better than this!

My wife did enjoy the lounge area once with other pax but I still think this is dead weight as no other F pax used it on either flight. Also I believe I was the only one to use the shower both ways.

Food is outstanding.

Residence unoccupied both ways. I also notice they have slashed the residence price. Have we have seen the concord moment for this class???

I understand most of you are transiting but the arrival experience at AUH is also great with the now sepersted business only and F only entrance connecting straight to Etihad's private security for F and business.
Since when can F pax use the shower?
Old Dec 14, 2016, 9:17 am

Programs: EK Gold, A3 *G, AB Gold, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by skywardhunter
Since when can F pax use the shower?
There are two F restrooms on the A380, the smaller of which has a shower for F passengers. The Residence has its own private restroom+shower.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 10:45 am

Yes all Etihad A380s have a shower for first class. No other Etihad aircraft do even if they have First class.
Old Dec 14, 2016, 6:42 pm

Programs: MM, EK, HH, etc.
Originally Posted by Dogmatick
ADAC doesn't give a hoot about premium passengers except those locals who command privilege.
^, or rather on the part of ADAC...
Old Dec 14, 2016, 7:32 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold
BOM-AUH is about 3 hours if F is full and everyone wants a shower how will they accommodate this? Will I have to tell the flight attendant immediately after boarding to ensure I can shower on board?
Old Dec 15, 2016, 5:34 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by tomcat007
BOM-AUH is about 3 hours if F is full and everyone wants a shower how will they accommodate this? Will I have to tell the flight attendant immediately after boarding to ensure I can shower on board?
Done this route in F and wasn't offered a shower, actually thought it was just for Residence pax but now that I think about it there is a shower in the F rest room.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 8:10 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
The shower is great, just remember to pause it while you soap, scrub and only run it to wet or rinse. Plenty of time in your five minutes of water.
Old Dec 15, 2016, 10:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by tomcat007
They may give you 15~20 minutes instead of 30

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.