Wiki Posts
Search

AUH -> JFK Exit procedures/gates

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2016, 2:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA
AUH -> JFK Exit procedures/gates

Hi my parents are flying BOM -> AUH -> JFK (second leg on EY 101) in economy and I know that they will be doing their US customs and immigration per-clearence in AUH and will exit in JFK similar to domestic arrivals. Can any one provide any details on what terminal they would exit out of and baggage claims would be? Is this still in the international terminal or a different terminal. I need to direct a family member who is going to pick them up so knowing where to go to receive them will be very helpful. They are traveling in 2 weeks and have limited English proficiency so the more details I can provide them, the less they will worry about this experience. I have booked wheel chair assistance for them due to mobility/age.

Thank you in advance.
Old Jul 11, 2016, 7:19 am

Terminal 4
Old Jul 11, 2016, 11:32 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Platinum, SQ Gold, Marriott Titanium
Please write them a letter that they can show to the immigration officer and anyone else (if someone asks them any question). A simple letter stating the reason for travel, duration and US contact info will do.

AFAIK, most Indian prepaid SIM cards have international roaming built in and just have 300-500 Rs on them will give them enough minutes to make a couple of calls if needed.

You can also look at T4 maps and find some place which they can find easily or ask someone.

I am not sure but I think the bags will
Arrive at domestic belts and your contact should be able to go to the belts and pick them right from the baggage belts.

Finding baggage belts is super easy, they can follow the general stream of passengers and reach baggage belt.
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:28 am
Original Poster

@mike84k and @vishalgupta22: Thank you for the information.

Last edited by drava00; Jul 15, 2016 at 12:40 am
Old Jul 15, 2016, 12:31 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vishalgupta22
Please write them a letter that they can show to the immigration officer and anyone else (if someone asks them any question). A simple letter stating the reason for travel, duration and US contact info will do.

AFAIK, most Indian prepaid SIM cards have international roaming built in and just have 300-500 Rs on them will give them enough minutes to make a couple of calls if needed.

You can also look at T4 maps and find some place which they can find easily or ask someone.

I am not sure but I think the bags will
Arrive at domestic belts and your contact should be able to go to the belts and pick them right from the baggage belts.

Finding baggage belts is super easy, they can follow the general stream of passengers and reach baggage belt.
Thank you very much for the suggestions. I have already written a letter with the information you mentioned and they will use that at the POE (for them this will be AUH per-clearance) and will follow up on the idea for the pre-paid Indian SIM so they can call the folks receiving them. I'll look at the T4 maps too.
Old Jul 24, 2016, 5:47 pm

Programs: DL SkyMiles PM/2MM, AA Plat, IC Diam. Amb., Peninsula regular, amanjunkie
If I am only transiting at AUH, for example flying BKK-AUH-JFK, how do my checked bags get cleared by US Customs? Do we have to claim bags at AUH for US CBP pre-clearance? Or are they "cleared" without being physically presented? Or do we clear checked bags at JFK?
Old Jul 25, 2016, 11:25 am

Programs: UAMP, DLSM, EYEG, QRPC
Done bkk-auh-sfo last year. All the immigration and custom clearance will be done at auh. Officer will show you the image of your luggage by lcd monitor, asked if it is your or not. I don't have any issues about luggage but if you do, I think the officer will ask you to do something there. Once I reached sfo, smooth baggage claim and leave the airport hassle free

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.