Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Merge Two EY Guest Accounts - Possible?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:07 am
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Merge Two EY Guest Accounts - Possible?

The (useless) UAE credit card company has, mistakenly, opened an additional account in the same guest name rather than use the existing EY Guest account. Anyone have experience of EY successfully merging two accounts in similar circumstances? Thanks.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
I don't think "merging" will fix your problem.

You need to contact the credit card company, and tell them your existing number.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:24 am
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by irishguy28
I don't think "merging" will fix your problem.

You need to contact the credit card company, and tell them your existing number.
Of course. But they have already credited miles to the “new” account - hence my question!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
There is nothing in the Etihad T&Cs about merging accounts or whether you are allowed to hold multiple accounts.

I would advise you to ring them (if you ask EtihadHelp here I predict they will just ask you to send your details to the usual email address) and see what they propose.

However, I really think you need to contact your credit card company, too. Unless you abandon your existing account, they will keep sending your miles to the "wrong" account.

Please report back!
Old Jun 23, 2016, 11:14 am

Most airlines have no issue merging duplicate accounts. With EY I wish you strength.
Old Jun 23, 2016, 7:19 pm
NoY
Original Poster

So, no one has any direct experience of this! I am in EY’s hands!

Last edited by NoY; Jun 25, 2016 at 7:58 am
Old Jun 24, 2016, 1:00 pm

I was in the same situation a couple of months ago, I just emailed etihad guest, gave them both my account numbers and full names, including a description of what was my balance and latest transaction on both the accounts, and they merged them within a couple of days, so I was quite impressed. Especially considering the brilliant bank in question had spelled my name and email address wrong, it was surprisingly easy to get it fixed. Guess I was not the first who have had that problem...

Edit:
Etihad Guest wanted to cancel my old account and merge the accounts to my new account connected to the credit card as my miles form spending on the credit card would be credited to that account. But when I told them I already had canceled the creditcard they were happy to let me keep my old account and just transferred the creditcard miles to my old account.
Old Jun 25, 2016, 8:00 am
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SandpitMiles
I was in the same situation a couple of months ago, I just emailed etihad guest, gave them both my account numbers and full names, including a description of what was my balance and latest transaction on both the accounts, and they merged them within a couple of days, so I was quite impressed. Especially considering the brilliant bank in question had spelled my name and email address wrong, it was surprisingly easy to get it fixed. Guess I was not the first who have had that problem... :

Edit:
Etihad Guest wanted to cancel my old account and merge the accounts to my new account connected to the credit card as my miles form spending on the credit card would be credited to that account. But when I told them I already had canceled the creditcard they were happy to let me keep my old account and just transferred the creditcard miles to my old account.
Oh, thats really helpful, thank you ^

The bank wasn’t bidb (rearrange as necessary! ) was it??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.