Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 30, 2016, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MatthewLAX
Original discussion: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etihad-airways-etihad-guest/1624033-f-lounge-auh3-open-still-waiting-2016-a.html

Review with 100+ photos - link (blog)
Print Wikipost

F lounge in AUH opened 30MAY2016

Search this Thread

Old Mar 18, 2017, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by akalra1187
Which airline's lounge do you find so much better?
don't even bother replying to this guy. Anybody who didn't realize that the lounge had bathrooms is either a liar or a troll
Old Mar 18, 2017, 12:59 pm

Which airline's lounge do you find so much better?
Qatar - Al Safwa in Doha and First Class Terminal in Frankfurt.
Both have some exclusive unique features (quiet rooms or being driven to the plane)
and both are really amazing. Even Virgin lounge at Heathrow is much better.
This is not different than any business class lounge out there.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
You have no idea what you are talking about and/or you are simply trolling.
Not surprising since you couldn't even find the restrooms.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:12 pm
Suspended

Programs: Etihad Gold, Emirates Gold, SPG Gold, Accor Platinum
Originally Posted by Big_Foot
Qatar - Al Safwa in Doha and First Class Terminal in Frankfurt.
Both have some exclusive unique features (quiet rooms or being driven to the plane)
and both are really amazing. Even Virgin lounge at Heathrow is much better.
I've not tried the Al Safwa lounge, I hear it's amazing, but it doesn't have a free spa, free cigars, and I hear the food isn't as good as the Etihad lounge. Actually the spa there is a rip off by all accounts.
Lufthansa F terminal is one to itself but the German spartan decor leaves much to be desired. Won't deny it's much better in most other ways though.
Can not possibly agree it's better than Virgin lounge, sorry.
Compare it to CX, EK, or SQ first lounges, the EY lounge is a lot better.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I've not tried the Al Safwa lounge, I hear it's amazing, but it doesn't have a free spa, free cigars, and I hear the food isn't as good as the Etihad lounge. Actually the spa there is a rip off by all accounts.
Lufthansa F terminal is one to itself but the German spartan decor leaves much to be desired. Won't deny it's much better in most other ways though.
Don't feed the troll.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 1:57 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SFO777
Don't feed the troll.
OK, I suppose he couldn't even find a toilet. Just thought maybe he appreciates a quiet room rather than the fine food and wine in the Etihad lounge. I love your blog by the way.

Last edited by akalra1187; Mar 18, 2017 at 2:03 pm
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:09 pm

Programs: Priority Club Platinum Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold
The free cigars a no longer free except 2-3 very small one,
the others are 15-30 $ per cigar,i have a photo somewhere.
Also the Hennessy Paradis is no longer available and some of the oldest whisky too.
Old Mar 18, 2017, 4:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by winkny
The free cigars a no longer free except 2-3 very small one, the others are 15-30 $ per cigar,i have a photo somewhere.
Also the Hennessy Paradis is no longer available and some of the oldest whisky too.
From 3 weeks ago...

Old Mar 18, 2017, 6:30 pm
Suspended

For those who smoke, I'm sure they will agree a montechristo number four is more than adequate.

Originally Posted by SFO777
From 3 weeks ago...

Old Mar 19, 2017, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Been to the lounge last night.
They did serve a beautiful steak tenderloin and some pol roger 2004. Both were not in the menu.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 7:39 am

Programs: QFF, AA, LM, EY
Lufthansa F terminal is one to itself
AF F better still ?
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:27 am

Programs: AA EXP (probably nothing w/ AA next year :)), Delta Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
For those who smoke, I'm sure they will agree a montechristo number four is more than adequate.
Agree with this ^

Although I don't know if I can do a cigar in between 2 long hauls...I'll find out in a couple months
Old Mar 26, 2017, 3:05 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Spent a few hours in the EY F lounge in Feb. Was really looking forward to it after all the talking up. ARRV @ 12 midnight, DEP: around 8 AM.
PROS: The chauffeur service in Mumbai was excellent. Warned them of six pieces of luggage. A BMW SUV for bags and a Mercedes sedan for the two of us. Family and their driver were duly surprised ^

Personnel in the lounge: Very polite, efficient, attentive. Saw one of us in a wheelchair so asked if we needed it on the way out. Was at the lounge at appointed time.

Private Room(S): Read so much about it, it was an anticlimax for us. Yes large room, two couches, service if needed. Sliding doors, not lockable.

FOOD: Coffee good. Breakfast from menu only. Nothing to praise except not crowded at that hour.

SPA: Took the massages. Pretty regular stuff.

SLEEPING: Dozed in the Relaxation Lounge. Lounges, eye mask, socks and blankets supplied. Supposedly soothing wall sized moving abstract images.()

CONS

Private rooms overrated. Could not stretch out completely on the couches.
Could not kill the piped music. Ditto for lights.

FOOD: No buffets. Got the usual egg preparation.

OVEALL: Underwhelmed after the bated breath postings.

Yes one person's opinion ( wife agreed). Not worth the extra $ or miles).
Old Mar 27, 2017, 4:46 am

I was in the AUH F lounge for 4 hours yesterday. I was very surprised by the following:

- Relaxation room chairs have replaced in the last month. The reclining chairs have been replaced by fixed chairs with no recline. According to staff, this was a 'management decision' that they acknowledged didn't make sense. This is ludicrous as now guests have to sprawl out over couches elsewhere in the lounge. Between midnight and 4am, the relaxation room was completely empty but I saw three guests sleeping on couches in the TV room area.

- Buffet has been eliminated. According to staff, this was because flies were constantly on the food in the buffet. While initially surprised by this, I later noticed flies on the dessert station area (actually on the food itself), and also in the men's toilets by the sinks on the face cloths. This was pretty disgusting.

- Emirates Palace Tasting Menu has been eliminated in the last week. According to staff, this was also a 'management decision' that they were surprised at. The lounge dining menu now only offers 9-10 dishes that are the same for lunch and dinner, and only differ for breakfast.

- As noted before by other posters, the private rooms offer no ability to turn down the bright lights or loud music. When you're trying to catch up on some much needed sleep between 2am and 4am, the situation is pretty frustrating. Furthermore, the doors don't lock (so frequent interruptions) and there is a huge security camera on the ceiling looking down (so felt lack of privacy). Lastly, the private room I was in had a back door that overlooked into the Residence area, so I could see the guests in there easily.

- Self-serve drinks area seems to have been eliminated. In a blog review from February 2017, I saw photos of a drinks station area with coffee etc. That didn't exist on my visit.

On a positive note:
- The bartender was fun and the cocktails different and interesting
- The showers were roomy and ideal
Old Mar 31, 2017, 8:01 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
To repeat myself "MEH!" x 100.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.