Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Is Etihad moving from Terminal 1 to Terminal 3 in Toronto?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 24, 2016, 1:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EY

EY staff member at YYZ (Toronto Pearson) told us that EY might be moving to Terminal 3 in the future, to accommodate an expanded US Preclearance facility. This makes little sense to me, as they just recently changed their check in aisle in Terminal 1 from 13 to 6, their codeshare partner Air Canada flies out of Terminal 1, and the only A380 gates (should they want to start flying one to Toronto to help relieve some of the pressure on seat numbers caused by only being able to fly 3 flights a week) in Toronto are in Terminal 1.

I didn't find any other source of this information online, just anecdote from a staff member.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:15 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
http://www.etihad.com/en-ca/announce...travel-update/
Old Jun 13, 2016, 12:16 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, AC 25K, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
I wonder what lounge they'll use in T3? Probably Plaza Premium.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 8:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY
Would have been helpful if they had sent an email to customers regarding this. Went there on June 3 and had to take the train with three large suitcases to reach terminal 3. Website listing terminals around the world still lists terminal 1 as the departure terminal.
Old Jun 17, 2016, 4:02 am

Programs: TK*G
From the linked travel update:
"Economy Class passengers should arrive 4 hours prior to departure and Business Class should arrive 2 hours prior to departure."

4 hours?!?

Seems quite a bit excessive. Need to have lots of time to militantly police those carry on items I guess. Even El Al only recommends check in 3 hours prior.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.