Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Nightmare holiday [EY]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2016, 3:40 am
Original Poster

Nightmare holiday [EY]

We travelled to India in December my wife mother and son leaving on the first from Manchester on arrival at Manchester my 10 year old was checked in my wife n mum were not after 4 trips to check in and back nearly 2 hours later finally they were checked in.After they left I went to the check in desk and was assured in won't happen in Mumbai. Wleft on the 10th returned on the27th on the 13th of Jan my wife rings me nearly in tears saying they won't let my mum board saying she can come in two days even though her ticket says the 13th I had to wake up my travel agent on a Sunday night for help to be asked to leave your mother fin a foreign country for two days is a joke please reply I would like a proper excuse please thank you oh and I've tried you complaints its a joke
Old Mar 31, 2016, 8:25 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Can you please rewrite your post using some basic punctuation. English is not your first language, but you've written a 'brain dump' which is very hard to understand.

Also, no one can help you with the limited information you've given. Please include:

- Airline
- Dates (I don't make sense of yours)
- Why could you not check in in MAN (what reason did the airline give you)?
- Why could your mother not check in in BOM (what reason did the airline give you)?
- What eventually happened?
- What type of compensation are you seeking, and what expenses did your family incur?
Old Mar 31, 2016, 10:58 am

Programs: DL PM; IHG PlatAmb; Hilton Dia; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Discoverist
You appear to be confusing this website with a complaint form for a specific travel provider. It is not.

If this is the level of detail you provided an airline or tour company, it isn't surprising they couldn't help.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 2:46 am
Original Poster

The airline was etihad and yes my English is not perfect but it gets me through life.etihad said in there reply to me that it was a system error we flew out on separate dates due to college and university for my kids so the different dates and whyvam I on this site because one of the complaints personnel at etihad UK told me he said I had more chance of getting a reply thanks
Old Apr 5, 2016, 3:28 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by Immy
The airline was etihad and yes my English is not perfect but it gets me through life.etihad said in there reply to me that it was a system error we flew out on separate dates due to college and university for my kids so the different dates and whyvam I on this site because one of the complaints personnel at etihad UK told me he said I had more chance of getting a reply thanks
This is not a complaints website.

It is still not clear what happened.
Who traveled on the 10th and from what airport? What problems were there at checkin on the 10th? What were the four trips?
Who traveled on the 13th and from what airport? What problems were there at checkin on the 13th?

You should first check the tickets you purchased originally. Make sure the dates and passenger names match with what you intended. Perhaps the passenger names or dates were mixed up.

What travel agent did you book this through? Have you contacted them?
Old Apr 5, 2016, 4:19 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
I still don't understand what happened, and this is not a complaints resolution website. If this is where you were told to go, they were basically telling you that you have no legitimate complaint in their eyes. If you can articulate what exactly happened, maybe we can point you in the right direction, but my guess it that it will be Ethiad customer service.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 6:32 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
You can try completing this form

https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/about-u...t-us/feedback/

but if your booking was made through a travel agent you should probably contact them first.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 1:13 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by Immy
Ah! That explains it a bit.

You want the Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest forum, where you can read the thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...tihadhelp.html

and then contact our Etihad "lurker" who helps members, EtihadHelp.

I will ask the Moderators move this to that form, but in the meantime you can click on the link I've given you and you will be taken there.

Don't forget - your travel agent has considerable responsibility here; that's why you pay them money for their services.
Old Apr 5, 2016, 9:19 pm

The post is a bit vague but I think I pretty much got the gist of what went wrong. I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. How is it going? any updates?
Old Apr 6, 2016, 3:43 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Welcome to Flyertalk Immy.

As this is an EY [Etihad Airways] topic, we're relocating your post to the EY forum.

~beckoa, co-moderator Information Desk

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.