Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Upgrading an Etihad operated AA flight number flight

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2016, 3:27 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver Hilton Gold Virgin Atlantic Silver Le Accos Platinum Air India Silver

Hi,

Has anyone had success upgrading an Etihad operated AA flight number flight before with Etihad guest miles ?? I tried for an upcoming flight from AUH-LAX, and it takes me all the way to the final step, wondering if I would still earn the EQMs and RDMs since it has an AA flight number to it ? Or will the ticket get re issued in a non earning fare class ? If its of any help, I purchased this flight on AA.com with all AA flight numbers.
Old May 17, 2017, 8:02 am

Programs: EK Blue, EY Guest, AA, QR
Wondering if anyone found out the answer to the OP's question?
Have a whole lot of EY miles with little expiring every month
Old May 17, 2017, 8:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by LonghornDXB
Wondering if anyone found out the answer to the OP's question?
Have a whole lot of EY miles with little expiring every month
Why not try it and see? If you're just letting your miles expire, it seems like you have nothing to lose...[and report back!]

Rather than letting your miles expire, you should order an Etihad Rewards Card.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.