F Long Layover- Sleeping Rooms?

Old Feb 4, 2016, 7:22 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
F Long Layover- Sleeping Rooms?

Does EY have sleeping rooms for F pax that have long lay overs in AUH?
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:50 pm

No.
In the old F lounge they'd let use a slightly secluded room that has 2 couches to crash in but only for 2-3 hours and it wasn't comfortable.

What do you mean by a long layover?

Anything over 4 hours, I'd consider either a hotel nearby or get out and do something.
Old Feb 4, 2016, 8:57 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by edy4eva
No.
In the old F lounge they'd let use a slightly secluded room that has 2 couches to crash in but only for 2-3 hours and it wasn't comfortable.

Anything over 4 hours, I'd consider either a hotel nearby or get out and do something.
I have 10 hours, and just in case I arrive jetlagged and need to crash somewhere.

Are there hotels in AUH where you don't have to go outside the airport?

Last edited by Edgerfly; Feb 4, 2016 at 9:28 pm
Old Feb 4, 2016, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Edgerfly
I have 10 hours, and just in case I arrive jetlagged and need to crash somewhere.

Are there hotels in AUH where you don't have to go outside the airport?
http://www.abudhabiairport.ae/englis...ort-hotel.aspx
Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:25 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by edy4eva
No.

Actually it had several daybeds. They certainly weren't couches.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:46 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Long layover and in F. Eithad will provide you with hotel and food. Just ask.

IF your destination has a prior flight and you choose 10 hr layover yourself. Then probably not.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by a310pilot
Long layover and in F. Eithad will provide you with hotel and food. Just ask.
Only for revenue tickets, not award tickets @:-)
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:49 am

There are sleeping pods but you are better off in the Premier Inn which is about the same price and much nicer - and attached to the terminal after immigration.
Old Feb 5, 2016, 7:44 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

The hotel is too expensive. I am not choosing the 10 hour layover. It is the next flight out. I will ask in Abu Dhabi
Old Feb 5, 2016, 8:36 pm

The hotel is too expensive. I am not choosing the 10 hour layover. It is the next flight out. I will ask in Abu Dhabi
I give it very little chance so be prepared to camp out. Would not make for a good F experience in my view.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:47 am

Flying Etihad and suffering a 12 hour layover in Abu Dhabi will save me >$400 compared to other options. Etihad must be trying to gain market share in ORD as their price to BKK significantly undercuts all other carriers.

The flight I'm looking at arrives ~11AM and the onward flight to BKK leaves ~11PM. I know there's stuff to do in Abu Dhabi, but I'd prefer a few hours of sleep to perhaps lessen the jet lag, which can be pretty severe from ORD>BKK (12 time zones). It looks like there is an overpriced transit hotel in the airport, but it is not accepting reservations right now due to renovations. There are a few hotels nearby. but from their websites I can't tell whether they will take transit guests who will check in early and check out before midnight. The sleeping pods do not look appealing at all.

What are my best options?
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:57 am

Originally Posted by mraub1
Flying Etihad and suffering a 12 hour layover in Abu Dhabi will save me >$400 compared to other options. Etihad must be trying to gain market share in ORD as their price to BKK significantly undercuts all other carriers.

The flight I'm looking at arrives ~11AM and the onward flight to BKK leaves ~11PM. I know there's stuff to do in Abu Dhabi, but I'd prefer a few hours of sleep to perhaps lessen the jet lag, which can be pretty severe from ORD>BKK (12 time zones). It looks like there is an overpriced transit hotel in the airport, but it is not accepting reservations right now due to renovations. There are a few hotels nearby. but from their websites I can't tell whether they will take transit guests who will check in early and check out before midnight. The sleeping pods do not look appealing at all.

$100 gets you a day room at Park Inn, a mile from the airport. But you have to go out from the airport.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by mraub1
There are a few hotels nearby. but from their websites I can't tell whether they will take transit guests who will check in early and check out before midnight. The sleeping pods do not look appealing at all.

The Premier Inn is attached to the terminal and 5 minute walk (inside) after leaving immigration. It is nice for what it is with roooftop pool. If I had a full day I'd pick a beachfront in Yas Island (close to airport) so I could combine some sleep, beach time and a nice dinner.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:00 pm

Thanks. Pretty good reviews on Trip Advisor. I'll check with the hotel to see about an early check-in and how frequently the shuttle runs to the airport.

Originally Posted by mlqsko
$100 gets you a day room at Park Inn, a mile from the airport. But you have to go out from the airport.
Old Feb 11, 2016, 2:07 pm

Programs: EK-IO, UA-1K2MM, ETIHAD-GOLD, SPG-PLAT LIFETIME, JUMEIRAH SERIUS GOLD
The hotel is $100 or less for a day room. Your flying F!!! I would try to scrape together the $100 if I were you (and want to be comfortable)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.