Flight on New Year's Eve

Old Dec 21, 2015, 4:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: EY Silver
Flight on New Year's Eve

Hi everyone,
I'll be travelling from MUC to AUH on new year's eve, flying into the new year. Does anyone know if I can expect anything out of the ordinary for this flight? I'm just curious if it is business as usual or will there be any announcement or anything special whatsoever at all? Any experiences?
Old Dec 21, 2015, 10:02 am
H99

Programs: centurion
Did this last year syd to auh. It was strictly business as usual
Old Dec 22, 2015, 1:28 am

Originally Posted by H99
Did this last year syd to auh. It was strictly business as usual
Yes it was the same for me on a NYE flight.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 3:32 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Auh to syd and nothing special...
Old Dec 22, 2015, 10:12 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Many years ago airlines would add some festive cheer in the aircraft by putting up just a little decorative touch here and there in tune with the season, few airlines, if any do that now.

I once took a KLM flight in the 1980's from SIN to AMS on NYE and as we passed various cities below us the captain would come on and announce "Happy New Year! We're flying over XXX and it's midnight here!", and with that there would be a cheer form all the passengers and the FA's passed out more Champagne, by the time we reached our destination, quite a few passengers were buzzed, funniest and most fun flight ever. Sadly, in today's security paranoia environment and cost conscious days, these kind of things are legends of a bygone era.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 8:44 pm

Whilst not New Years Eve, we received these on the New Years Day from SIN->AUH. I thought it was a nice touch.

Old Jan 5, 2016, 10:58 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by yabadoo
Many years ago airlines would add some festive cheer in the aircraft by putting up just a little decorative touch here and there in tune with the season, few airlines, if any do that now.

I once took a KLM flight in the 1980's from SIN to AMS on NYE and as we passed various cities below us the captain would come on and announce "Happy New Year! We're flying over XXX and it's midnight here!", and with that there would be a cheer form all the passengers and the FA's passed out more Champagne, by the time we reached our destination, quite a few passengers were buzzed, funniest and most fun flight ever. Sadly, in today's security paranoia environment and cost conscious days, these kind of things are legends of a bygone era.
I too remember this on KLM, celebrating New Years many years ago. I was younger so can't remember is Champagne, but definitely some more cheers and upbeat crews.

Disappointed they don't do anything these days, not even a Happy New Years :/

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.