Wiki Posts
Search

20hr layover in AUH

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2015, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
20hr layover in AUH

I have EY42 / EY256 (OW) in business with a ~20hr layover. Do I get the transit hotel only, or could I be offered other hotel options?
Old Nov 26, 2015, 5:00 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
ask Etihad
Old Nov 26, 2015, 8:33 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Originally Posted by LukeO9
I have EY42 / EY256 (OW) in business with a ~20hr layover. Do I get the transit hotel only, or could I be offered other hotel options?
EY offers free 1 night hotel to Business class travelers. You should have booked it even though EY says to book in advance no harm in trying now. I've interacted with them 3 hrs in advance and at peak Christmas time (24th dec) and still got hotel for the same night. Lucky? maybe. moral... at least politely try.

Otherwise- go to transfer desk and ask for a hotel. 1st thing they offer is a transit hotel but if you politely insist they do give you a city hotel choice. Maybe you'll catch somebody nice... whom you wont have to ask.
Old Nov 27, 2015, 1:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by a310pilot
EY offers free 1 night hotel to Business class travelers. You should have booked it even though EY says to book in advance no harm in trying now. I've interacted with them 3 hrs in advance and at peak Christmas time (24th dec) and still got hotel for the same night. Lucky? maybe. moral... at least politely try.
Otherwise- go to transfer desk and ask for a hotel. 1st thing they offer is a transit hotel but if you politely insist they do give you a city hotel choice. Maybe you'll catch somebody nice... whom you wont have to ask.
Wonderful advice, thanks.
The kind of information you get from forums like this, and not what you get if you "ask Etihad".
Old Nov 28, 2015, 7:13 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
Glad I could help.

Do keep us updated. I'd like to know if the advice worked out or not.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:54 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
similar situation. arrived at 11:35pm (J), onward next day first 10am (F) on an award ticket (same ticket) .
Would they offer help, i.e. transit hotel on award ticket? i really don't care city hotel, but just don't want to hang around the lounge for 11 hours...

I have another question about "premium stopover" with exact same situation, guess will ask on that thread.
Thanks in advance
Old Dec 14, 2015, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Fly2Where
similar situation. arrived at 11:35pm (J), onward next day first 10am (F) on an award ticket (same ticket) .
Would they offer help, i.e. transit hotel on award ticket? i really don't care city hotel, but just don't want to hang around the lounge for 11 hours...

I have another question about "premium stopover" with exact same situation, guess will ask on that thread.
Thanks in advance
A redemption ticket, even on EY stock, is NOT eligible for either.

DIY at the transit hotel (provided they're not closed for rennovations?!) or at a hotel outside.
Old Dec 14, 2015, 9:16 pm

Programs: AA,CX, BA, Priority Club, SPG, Hilton
Originally Posted by edy4eva
A redemption ticket, even on EY stock, is NOT eligible for either.

DIY at the transit hotel (provided they're not closed for rennovations?!) or at a hotel outside.
Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.