Wiki Posts
Search

Etihad says yes Travel agency says no

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:09 am
Original Poster

Etihad says yes Travel agency says no

Hi travellers

Next year I'll visit Abu Dhabi again this time it will be our 25 wedding anniversary.
It's cheaper tot take a roundtrip to Dubai with Etihad then fly directly to Abu Dhabi.

I have searched this forum and if I'm correct it's not necesarry tot take the etihad coach tot Dubai.
So I can go directly from Abu Dhabi airport tot my hotel in Abu Dhabi.

When we fly back tot Amsterdam do I have to go first to Dubai and check in first at the mall or coach.
At this part I' m worried for a no show.
I want to go directly to Abu Dhabi airport and check in there.

So I called some booking agency here in the netherlands.
They told me these are two no shows.
I'm familiar to follow the ticket route.

Then I contacted Etihad twice they told me it's no problem when i will book directly.
The coach is a extra service but not necesarry to check in at the coach when I arrive or will leave.

If it will be a no show then my lady and I won't be happy.
I'm just curious now here in netherlands it's not allowed to break the route even if it's a coach or train.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 7:54 am

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
Shouldn't be a problem. Make sure you get a written (email) confirmation from Etihad that it's not a problem at all
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:44 am
Original Poster

Thank You

I have sent them a e mail.
I just wondered if somebody already used the without coach option without losing there flight ticket. ( no show )
Old Nov 22, 2015, 9:58 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
My +1 did this earlier this month with an Eco booking. Both, on arrival and departure she did not use the bus (but instead went with my limo). Checking-in at AUH was no problem. No questions asked.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:41 am
Original Poster

Thank You GKL ,

With your information and hopefully the e-mail from Etihad ,I have got a nice nice extra booking option.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 3:55 pm

Don't think about it or waste another moment asking anyone - or even bother printing the email.

The coach services are irrelevant from a ticketing perspective. You may ignore both ground services.
Old Nov 22, 2015, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Edy4eva
With respect I don't waste my time to ask my question.
If you ever will book a flight ticket from Amsterdam to Miami by KLM.be you have to follow the ticket route.
So first go to Antwerpen then check in at the rail station KLM office.
Then Travel by train to Amsterdam.
When you living in the netherlands it's unbelievable to Travel first to belgium and then back by train to Amsterdam.

If not it's a no show and yes people post a lot about this that they lost there ticket or pay extra.

Because of that I asked my question about the Dubai coach retour.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:49 am

You definitely don't need to contact Etihad about this. If you want to use the coach from Dubai you need to ensure you pay attention to the timetable from Etihad Travel Mall. However you're perfectly free to arrange your own transportation to AUH (bet it from Dubai or elsewhere).

I believe the poster above telling you to not waste your time was trying to be helpful.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:08 am
Original Poster

I'm thankfull for the help.

Etihad put it on e-mail that the coach service is free to use and that it doesn't effect the flight ticket.
In the Netherlands it's totally different and you have to watch out as post above.
Old Nov 25, 2015, 12:48 pm

I also found that on some occasions flights to dubai would be cheaper than abu dhabi, and i was also told that not taking the coach won't cause no show.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.