Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Systematic under-crediting of miles - BEWARE!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit

Looks like new EY Guest is systematically under crediting miles. Of my last 10 flights, 8 of them were incorrectly credited.

Errors include:
- downgrading of fare class. e.g. on flights taken in H class, they credited M, and for flights taken in Q class they credited U
- zero miles credit on upgraded legs (known bug from previously; they credit any upgraded flight as I class, i.e. zero miles)
- missing credits on partner legs.

The most worrying of course is the first. Check your statements!
Old Sep 5, 2015, 10:59 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
I'm also waiting for bonus miles to post from the 2X 3X 4X promos.
Old Sep 5, 2015, 11:24 pm
Tel

Programs: old,FB gold,BMI silver,QR Gold,HH Gold.SPG Gold BA Silver
I'm still waiting for miles on two sectors 10/11 Aug
BKK/AUH/MAN
Both are showing zero on transactions statement
Old Sep 6, 2015, 12:23 am

Add to it the sweet time they take to credit partner miles. Inspite of FF number printed on boarding pass (indicating an electronic record), onus is on passenger to push Etihad to credit them by sending scanned copies and an added waiting.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by kshastry
Add to it the sweet time they take to credit partner miles. Inspite of FF number printed on boarding pass (indicating an electronic record), onus is on passenger to push Etihad to credit them by sending scanned copies and an added waiting.
Bolding is mine. Added waiting seems a bit of an understatement, I'm waiting for more than 3 months now.

What a mess!

And in terms of undercrediting, to be added to the list: wrongfully crediting T fare on AZ as an EY T fare. The difference is pretty big (flown before the changes in July): 100% miles (AZ) versus 0 miles (EY).

FYI: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25365888-post130.html
Old Sep 6, 2015, 2:28 am

Programs: QF Silver
Originally Posted by EFATO
Looks like new EY Guest is systematically under crediting miles. Of my last 10 flights, 8 of them were incorrectly credited.

Errors include:
- downgrading of fare class. e.g. on flights taken in H class, they credited M, and for flights taken in Q class they credited U
- zero miles credit on upgraded legs (known bug from previously; they credit any upgraded flight as I class, i.e. zero miles)
- missing credits on partner legs.

The most worrying of course is the first. Check your statements!
Hey, at least you were credited something. I have two missing point claims return J BNE-FRA pending since 3 weeks ago and nothing has ever been posted. Initially I thought I forgot to add my FF number but no, it is just Etihad being up to their old tricks.

Interestingly enough those were my last flights on EY. The soft product is just horrible. Thanks Etihad for giving me an appropriate send off to SQ.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 2:51 am

@littlegreenman: did you try the online claim? Only works for EY flights but I have read some reports on this forum where people succesfully claimed online and credit was given shortly after the online filing. Afaik the misery starts when you have to email for credits.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:43 am

Does anyone have an idea why their claim form doesn't work on 99.99% of the cases? It would be so much easier for everyone if it worked properly.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:56 am

@Epicura: thanks, yes tried online first for convenience and all I got was an error message prompting me to email them. That was for all 12 segments I loged, every single one!

I've done a retro claim on VA now as well. Wherever gets me the miles, I don't care already.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Does anyone have an idea why their claim form doesn't work on 99.99% of the cases? It would be so much easier for everyone if it worked properly.
*tongue in cheek* They hope you give up at that point in time so they can save a bit of money.
Old Sep 6, 2015, 10:49 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
Has anyone actually gotten the bonus miles from various offers to post?

The 4X 3X offers
Old Sep 7, 2015, 3:12 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Mistakes can happen of course but I have to say what does need explaining is how (in one of my examples) a through ticketed trip Manchester/Abu Dhabi/Bangkok can have only one of the legs credited and not the other with FF number on both boarding passes.

In addition I too found the claim site would not accept my claim and had to go through Guest Gold

In answer to open Sky - yes I have sometimes but not always and in addition I have received bonuses that I never knew were available
Old Sep 7, 2015, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by OpenSky
Has anyone actually gotten the bonus miles from various offers to post?

The 4X 3X offers
I have (miracles do happen ) although only for 1 EY RT (AUH-GRU in Z), bonus miles (x3) posted shortly after the base miles. But for every other flight since then, I'm still awaiting the base miles, let alone the bonus miles (x2 for coach and x3 for biz on partners).

By the way: for 1 claim (missing miles for an AZ T fare, wrongfully posted as EY T fare resulting in 0 miles) I just received a reply from EY Gold (after nagging in the Lurker's thread) that my fare class on AZ would be O instead of T. I am pretty sure it was T but unfortunately I can not find the booking class anymore in my records. Any tip for retrieving the exact fare class of a flown ticket? AZ website does not recognise the PNR, same for checkmytrip and Saudi. Was booked on Orbitz. Class is not shown in Orbitz account (unless I'm missing a link or something over there).
Old Sep 9, 2015, 12:51 am

Programs: ey gold tg gold accor gold
yep, same happened to me last week, 25% of miles credited for one flight, 0 miles for the upgraded other....no sign of Etihad help trying to help
Old Sep 12, 2015, 8:11 pm

EY loses credibility by not honoring these 3X 4X First Class Business Class offers, as far as I am concerned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.