Wiki Posts
Search

Platinum denied Lounge in MXP

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2015, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF Plat, KL Plat, TK Gold, WY Gold, Bonvoy Tit
Platinum denied Lounge in MXP

Two Platinum Guests travelling together, turned up to checkin at MXP this evening. Routing is MXP-AUH on AZ metal, connecting to AUH-MEL on EY metal. Tix bought on Etihad.com four days ago, EY flight numbers, proper codeshare.

1) Turn up to the counter to find flight has been "rescheduled" to depart 2 hours later. Not delayed, but "rescheduled". No notifications received, neither to email, phone, anything. Ticket was bought 4 days ago, and I even received an email last night (24 hours before scheduled departure) to confirm the flight was on time. Now it's been "rescheduled" and we have 2 extra hours to "burn in the lounge".

2) Get boarding passes with instructions to Pergolesi Lounge. Pass security, proceed to lounge, and are denied access. Now sitting for 5 hours without lounge access in the public area of MXP.

This is disgraceful. We are two Platinum members in the Etihad Guest programme, travelling on full revenue tickets bought from Etihad.com, which includes a codeshare flight on an Airline that Etihad bought at the beginning of the year. This equity partnership has been running for 9 months. It's about time they got their act together.

I'm really fed up with EY at this point. Of course, they never miss an opportunity to crow about how great their equity partnerships are, but the reality is that if you do take an equity partnership flight, even on an EY ticket, you can't upgrade, you don't get lounge and you won't be notified of schedule changes. Tell me again, what's so great about these equity partnerships???
Old Aug 28, 2015, 11:17 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum, Alitalia FRECCIA ALATA
That's just Italians for you. LOL They don't understand and they aren't at all accommodating.

EY at AUH is a different story. I've had guest go into lounge with me where none were allowed but I requested it and was accommodated.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 1:24 pm

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by EFATO
2) Get boarding passes with instructions to Pergolesi Lounge. Pass security, proceed to lounge, and are denied access.
Alitalia does not have a lounge at MXP. I would be similarly turned down at any airport where Etihad does not have their own lounges but contract to a third party.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 4:22 pm

I heard a AZ opened a brand new lounge which is light years ahead of what Italians previously thought was luxury like the crap at FCO. I'm pretty sure I saw them announce it at the new AZ opening ceremony.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 9:42 am

Programs: ITA Executive for life; AZ CFP "per sempre" (ST E+); LH SEN; BA Bronze
Originally Posted by a310pilot
I heard a AZ opened a brand new lounge which is light years ahead of what Italians previously thought was luxury like the crap at FCO. I'm pretty sure I saw them announce it at the new AZ opening ceremony.
AZ has a good lounge at FCO which is called "La Dolce Vita". Terminal 1, checkin area. Up to and including a full-scale flight simulator.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 1:02 pm

That lounge is not at the same terminal as AZ international flights and EY, QR.

The one I posted about is Alitalia Giotto lounge and its garbage of a lounge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.