Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Feedback thread for the official EY Lurker, EtihadHelp

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2017, 3:48 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by Lavezzi
Hey,

I'm trying to fly my parents from LHR to JNB via mile redemption. I wanted to do the first leg through AUH in First Class, and then the second leg down to JNB in Business (as there is no First cabin available).

On the website when I search for the legs independently I can see that there is Guest First availability/Guest Business, but when I enter the trip as a whole I cannot seem to redeem the trip. Is this something I may need to phone and book instead of using the website?
Hi Lavezzi,

That is indeed strange. Yes, we would suggest getting in touch with our Reservations Team to check with them. They'll also be able to assist you with booking the flight. Thank you *Sky
Old Jan 10, 2017, 9:24 am

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
I have just noticed this on the Etihad website concerning the AUH Arrivals Lounge: We invite our First and Business Class guests and Etihad Guest Exclusive members to enjoy the lounge facilities. What exactly is meant by Etihad Guest Exclusive members? Platinum members? Gold members?
Old Jan 10, 2017, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by sabdhabi
I have just noticed this on the Etihad website concerning the AUH Arrivals Lounge: We invite our First and Business Class guests and Etihad Guest Exclusive members to enjoy the lounge facilities. What exactly is meant by Etihad Guest Exclusive members? Platinum members? Gold members?
Hi sabdhabi, we will check with our Etihad Guest team and get back to you. *Yas
Old Jan 14, 2017, 1:35 am

Hi,
Do you have an answer yet re the AUH arrivals lounge and access for Etihad Guest Exlusive members? Thanks.
Old Jan 14, 2017, 12:58 pm

Hi,

I am just looking for the email address of someone in customer service who can respond to me on some negative experiences today.

I am currently flying on EY 486 to Perth and have experienced the most appalling day of service. It has really been a number of thing throughout the day to lead me to this. Firstly, the two cars we had booked were scheduled for different times (Etihad error) and even after two phones calls from my hotel where we were told they would change the time, only one turned up causing much stress at the time.

It got fixed so no issue, until check in where we were greeted by the rudest and most sullen check in agent I have ever encountered. He was actually quite rude to my wife but I just smiled and checked in politely. By now though I was not overly happy with the service. Once on board all was good and the crew were friendly. We waited half and hour at the gate and then my seat malfunctioned. The cushion softening function found a life of its own and went as hard as a rock and I am not sitting on what feels like an iron bar. Again, these things happen and of course I can get an extra pillow to sit on. The CSM came around apologised and said he would log the fault. However, no offer to move seats (there is a spare in the business class cabin I am in) and when I asked for a spare pillow he said there were non on the aircraft. There is clearly one in here and a few spare in economy.

I just cannot fathom why but it has just summed up a day of poor service with Etihad. I understand things go wrong but its been a poor effort today.

Cheers.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:09 am

Hi,
Do you have an answer yet re the AUH arrivals lounge and access for Etihad Guest Exlusive members? Thanks.
Hi Sabdhabi,
Etihad Guest Exclusive cannot be earned by our members through travel. The membership to this tier is by invitation only. Hope this helps. *Ela
Old Jan 15, 2017, 9:18 am

Etihad Airways

Originally Posted by Russell Corr
Hi,

I am just looking for the email address of someone in customer service who can respond to me on some negative experiences today.

I am currently flying on EY 486 to Perth and have experienced the most appalling day of service. It has really been a number of thing throughout the day to lead me to this. Firstly, the two cars we had booked were scheduled for different times (Etihad error) and even after two phones calls from my hotel where we were told they would change the time, only one turned up causing much stress at the time.

It got fixed so no issue, until check in where we were greeted by the rudest and most sullen check in agent I have ever encountered. He was actually quite rude to my wife but I just smiled and checked in politely. By now though I was not overly happy with the service. Once on board all was good and the crew were friendly. We waited half and hour at the gate and then my seat malfunctioned. The cushion softening function found a life of its own and went as hard as a rock and I am not sitting on what feels like an iron bar. Again, these things happen and of course I can get an extra pillow to sit on. The CSM came around apologised and said he would log the fault. However, no offer to move seats (there is a spare in the business class cabin I am in) and when I asked for a spare pillow he said there were non on the aircraft. There is clearly one in here and a few spare in economy.

I just cannot fathom why but it has just summed up a day of poor service with Etihad. I understand things go wrong but its been a poor effort today.

Cheers.

Hello Russell,
we are sorry to hear about you experience. We like to investigate this further. Please forward you complaint including your booking details to [email protected]. Guest Relations will contact you after they have reviewed your case. *Ela
Old Jan 18, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum
Hi EtihadHelp

I hope you can assist me. I'm travelling to Abu Dhabi from Hong Kong (EY833) in May and believe I can use the Airport Express City Check-In facility to maximise my time in the city before flying. Can you advise what time this service is available from / to as the MTR website isn't specific... and advise passengers to contact the airline.

http://www.mtr.com.hk/en/customer/se...ckin_info.html

Thanks
Old Jan 18, 2017, 5:26 am

Lounge at ORD

I have booked EY buss class ticket using aa rewards and I have 3 hours layover at Chicago before my last lag. Can I get access to AA lounge?
Old Jan 18, 2017, 7:50 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Hello EY HELP
Thanks for prompt replies. I am very relieved that my luggage BOM AUH GRU SCL on LATAM will be interlined.

Disappointed my ticket does not qualify for a hotel room with a ten hour layover.
Hope the F lounge lives upto its reputation.
Old Jan 18, 2017, 10:51 pm

Etihad Airways

Dear Guest,

Thanks for getting in touch, you can use this link to find our more information about our city check in; https://www.etihad.com/en-ae/before-...city-check-in/

We hope this helps *Gill

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Dear fellow Flyertalkers,

please join us in welcoming the Etihad Airways representatives in our forum.

EtihadHelp will be presence on FT for your questions about Etihad Airways (EY) and their FFP Etihad Guest.

We are very happy that after working together for a while that this project is ready for take off. EY recognises that FTers have intricate knowledge of their product and feedback received from this forum is taken seriously.

Note that EY has high expectations on their social media team, they want to hear what you have to say and identify what is going wrong. The team has some stringent SLAs, which include a fast response time.

A few housekeeping rules:
  • Please do not to respond to queries posted by others directed at EtihadHelp
  • This thread is flame free, so there are no stupid questions, but only let EtihadHelp answer
  • EtihadHelp will primarily focus on this thread alone, so if you want to attract their attention to a hot topic, please feel free to post a pointer in this thread
  • If a certain topic evolves into a discussion, please alert the mods so we can split off the discussion into a separate thread
  • EtihadHelp are regular members of FT, so off topic comments about them, post stalking etc etc will be dealt with as per the FT TOS.

So let the games begin!

Best regards,

The FT Senior Moderators
Old Jan 29, 2017, 9:51 pm

Hi mak101, we suggest you contact AA and check with them as they should be able to advise you. Could we also know your travel itinerary? *Sky

Originally Posted by mak101
I have booked EY buss class ticket using aa rewards and I have 3 hours layover at Chicago before my last lag. Can I get access to AA lounge?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:28 am

Programs: Skywards Gold
Hi EtihadHelp,
Following two phone calls which gave contradictory answers, can you please forward this to your in-flight catering team and let me know their answer. My question is: if I order a seafood meal and I'm in travelling in Business, will the seafood meal be the same as if I were travelling in Economy, or is it reflected by the cabin flown? One agent told me it would be the same, whilst one other agent told me it would be different. Also, if travelling in Business, would the appetiser be a guaranteed seafood meal also, for example smoked salmon and prawns? Thanks.
Any update on this? I am travelling Etihad Business in a few days and also wonder if should I request seafood meal in advance or seafood meals are kind of standard on board? How many main courses are there to choose from on Etihad on AUH-LHR route? Should I take my chances hoping to find either vegetarian or seafood meal on board or should I request one beforehand.

Any experience with seafood meal in Business?
Old Feb 6, 2017, 4:26 am

Originally Posted by stiwi
Any update on this? I am travelling Etihad Business in a few days and also wonder if should I request seafood meal in advance or seafood meals are kind of standard on board? How many main courses are there to choose from on Etihad on AUH-LHR route? Should I take my chances hoping to find either vegetarian or seafood meal on board or should I request one beforehand.

Any experience with seafood meal in Business?
On UK routes, there are usually seafood meals but I always preorder for peace of mind. A preordered one in J is different to a preordered one in Y. Apart from my last flight KTM AUH, I have always had a seafood starter. I was told by a cabin crew member that if there is one on the menu, then tell a cabin crew member before they take meal orders and they will make sure you get it. They take meal orders from the rear of the cabin, so if you were sitting near the front then they may have run out of seafood starters by the time they get to you. I have always enjoyed the seafood meals in J (and F). Hope this helps.
Old Feb 6, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: Skywards Gold
On UK routes, there are usually seafood meals but I always preorder for peace of mind. A preordered one in J is different to a preordered one in Y. Apart from my last flight KTM AUH, I have always had a seafood starter. I was told by a cabin crew member that if there is one on the menu, then tell a cabin crew member before they take meal orders and they will make sure you get it. They take meal orders from the rear of the cabin, so if you were sitting near the front then they may have run out of seafood starters by the time they get to you. I have always enjoyed the seafood meals in J (and F). Hope this helps.
Thanks. How many main courses are there to choose from in J on 8 hours trip? Also is one vegetarian meal a rule or rather exception? One thing I like about EK in this particular case is that you can actually preview what will be served on board on the day of travel but it does not seem to be the case with EY.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.