EY overbooking policy ex EU

Old Aug 2, 2015, 12:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver Hilton Gold Virgin Atlantic Silver Le Accos Platinum Air India Silver
EY overbooking policy ex EU

Hi,

I'm currently booked on EY 52 traveling from GVA-AUH for tomorrow 3rd Aug in Business, currently when i try to look for that flight, it just doesnt show me any availability either in economy or business, so most likely its been overbooked.

I wanted to know what are etihad's overbooking policy ex EU ? Do they pay a compensation and put you on another carrier or just overnight hotel and the next day's flight.

Thanks in advance.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 5:07 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
You are correct

F0 A0 R0 O0 J0 C0 D0 W0 Z0 I0 X0 Y0 B0 H0 K0 M0 Q0 L0 V0 U0 E0 T0 N0 S0 G0
Old Aug 2, 2015, 6:42 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Switzerland is not in the EU, so xGVA is not xEU.

But, Switzerland has adopted the language of EC 261/2004 into Swiss law. As a non-EU carrier departing Switzerland, if you are involuntarily denied boarding, you will be rebooked, paid compensation according to EC 261/2004 (EUR 600), and provided a hotel and food if necessary (duty of care). Whether there is an obligation to rebook you on other carriers is an open debate.

If you accept a voluntary denial of boarding, the compensation is whatever you agree to and the reroute is whatever you agree to. Don't expect one bit more than the agreement.

If you are concerned that you may be involuntarily denied, have with you the reroutes you would like. You are much more likely to get what you want if you propose the specific carriers and flights you want.
Old Aug 2, 2015, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver Hilton Gold Virgin Atlantic Silver Le Accos Platinum Air India Silver
Originally Posted by Often1
Switzerland is not in the EU, so xGVA is not xEU.

But, Switzerland has adopted the language of EC 261/2004 into Swiss law. As a non-EU carrier departing Switzerland, if you are involuntarily denied boarding, you will be rebooked, paid compensation according to EC 261/2004 (EUR 600), and provided a hotel and food if necessary (duty of care). Whether there is an obligation to rebook you on other carriers is an open debate.

If you accept a voluntary denial of boarding, the compensation is whatever you agree to and the reroute is whatever you agree to. Don't expect one bit more than the agreement.

If you are concerned that you may be involuntarily denied, have with you the reroutes you would like. You are much more likely to get what you want if you propose the specific carriers and flights you want.
Thanks so much for the reply, will let you know the outcome morrow night !

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.