Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Does Etihad offer preboarding for those with medical needs?

Old Jul 26, 2015, 10:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r

Does Etihad have preboarding?

My husband will just have had his cast removed the day before our flight [broken ankle] and will be on crutches and wearing a boot.

I have requested a wheel chair, but he "might" be able to walk but would be really slow. IF he preboards, it would be much easier. Otherwise he will have to use wheelchair.
Thanks~
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: GHA Gold Priority Club Gold,Etihad Guest,EK Skywards,BA exec and QR privilege
Hi,
I can't remember our previous trip on Etihad but I think every airline we've used have a rule... special needs pax first on last off so yes to preboarding. My wife needs the wheelchair up to the aircraft door but can walk around the cabin when the need arises.She cannot manage stairs so if the airline use a bus gate(rare now) we get taken up to the "tradesman's entrance" on a high lifter.
We next fly Etihad early October so we'll see how it goes then.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Kimpton Inner Circle; IHG Spire elite; Marriott & SPG Gold, r
Thanks you; I thought that they must do what all US airlines do for preboard.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 3:35 pm

Pre boarding is done, although this can be chaotic as with any airline, usually depending on the destination (my own experience). Usually you will be brought closer to the gate just before boarding to ensure you are available for pre boarding.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.