Search

Additional UK chauffeur miles in the UK

Search this Thread

Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, IC Plat Elt, Hilton Diamond, QF silver
Additional UK chauffeur miles in the UK

Hi,

Travelling AUD- LHR and then I've booked a chauffeur to BHX where my car will be. This shows a distance of 102 miles. Will i be charges for additional milage. If so how much and how is this payable?

Kind Regards

Sualg
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:42 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi sualg,

The complimentary chauffeur service is up to 100 miles driven distance from the airport (LHR). The charges should be paid directly to the driver. We will check with our Chauffeur service team about the excess miles charges and get back to you. *ES

Originally Posted by sualg
Hi,

Travelling AUD- LHR and then I've booked a chauffeur to BHX where my car will be. This shows a distance of 102 miles. Will i be charges for additional milage. If so how much and how is this payable?

Kind Regards

Sualg
Old Jul 8, 2015, 12:20 pm

Hi sualg,

The excess miles charges will be as below:

MPV Car : 1.92 GBP per miles (Extra Local taxes is applicable and will be provided by the company driver)

Sedan Car: 1.60 GBP per miles (Extra Local taxes is applicable and will be provided by the company driver)

Regards. *ES

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi sualg,

The complimentary chauffeur service is up to 100 miles driven distance from the airport (LHR). The charges should be paid directly to the driver. We will check with our Chauffeur service team about the excess miles charges and get back to you. *ES
Old Jul 8, 2015, 10:49 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
I hope Etihad would cover the 2 extra miles out of goodwill and doesn't charge extra.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 11:54 pm

I'm surprised, nay shocked, that EtihadHelp actually responded with substantive information, not just "Please contact our call centre"!

This is the type of response which is helpful. Thank you
Old Aug 6, 2015, 11:59 pm

Programs: EK Gold EY Gold Sirius Gold SPG Plat / LT Gold
I was charged GBP 2.20 per excess mile for a journey (sedan car) from Heathrow yesterday.

Has there:

(a) been a 37.5% increase in the last four weeks
(b) Etihadhelp got their facts wrong
(c) something else.

Answers on a postcard please...
Old Aug 7, 2015, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by dxbtraveller
I was charged GBP 2.20 per excess mile for a journey (sedan car) from Heathrow yesterday.

Has there:

(c) something else.

Dear dxbtraveller,

Please note that there is a T&C mentioned above that 'Extra Local taxes is applicable and will be provided by the company driver'. Hope this may help.

Thank you. *JS
Old Aug 25, 2015, 4:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Anyone have any recent experience in regards to excess miles charged ex MAN? I need to do another 60 miles.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 10:25 am

Programs: EK Gold EY Gold Sirius Gold SPG Plat / LT Gold
Dear dxbtraveller,

Please note that there is a T&C mentioned above that 'Extra Local taxes is applicable and will be provided by the company driver'. Hope this may help.

Thank you. *JS
Thank you for the reply. Can you please advise the nature of these 37.5% "local taxes"? I have no knowledge of them.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
I got charged £135 for around 50 miles extra. Little high in my opinion but glad that they provide this option.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 12:14 am

Just to throw a 'spanner' into the the Thread

Has there:

(c) something else.

Dear dxbtraveller,

Thank you. *JS
Originally Posted by onlysuites
Anyone have any recent experience in regards to excess miles charged ex MAN? I need to do another 60 miles.
Thank you for the reply. Can you please advise the nature of these 37.5% "local taxes"? I have no knowledge of them.

Originally Posted by onlysuites
I got charged £135 for around 50 miles extra. Little high in my opinion but glad that they provide this option.
I use Etihad chauffeur for travel from LHR to Dorset UK, normally annually, but twice this year so far...and have no doubt that will need to fly again before the end of 2015. In the distant past there were no problems, 1st class pax allowed 150 miles. Now of course the mileage allowance has been reduced down to 100 miles, my one way journey is 124 miles (according to Google Maps).

18 mths ago, was charged zero, 5 and 3 mths ago was charged 45 pounds, 1 mth ago was charged 52.50 pounds. None of the drivers had the ability to take a credit card or to give change. Last time I was seriously compromised - I assumed the charge would be 45 pounds, and had the cash set aside, but when I was asked to pay 52.5, I had available an extra 5 pounds or an extra 20 pounds, but since the driver had been so bad (overtaking on roundabouts, driving at 100 + mph down the motorway - yes did check and look at his speedometer - had to ask him to slow down!), no way was I going to give him a tip. So I ended up 'short changing' the chauffeur, 2.50 pounds. Did I feel bad, yes. Was I going to effectively give him a tip of 12.50 pounds, no way!

Sometimes the chauffeur is just lovely, sometimes they are not only bad, but scary. In the very distant past, ie 10 + yrs ago
(Gulf Ist class, not Etihad, had a guy that left his trouser flies undone, thank goodness on that trip my husband was with me!).

Any how, thats my tuppence worth!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.