Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel stay for business class

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2, 2015, 8:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Hotel stay for business class

So on the way out, Etihad gave me a hotel for the 18 hr layover. This time they are saying I don't qualify - my question that I am waiting to hear back from them on - why not? Is it because it is a 10hr layover or because it is a select upgrade?

The other question - if we don't get a hotel, is it possible to stretch out in the lounge? Has anyone slept there? Or should I book a room at the premiere inn?

Thanks for your ideas/thoughts. I fly tonight,

D
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:23 am

If you're premium you are entitled to lounge use. You can get to the airport and see if they give you a hotel or just go to the Airport hotel in AUH if you don't get it. About sleeping in lounges, your eyes will be closed so you wont see your fellow passengers stare laser beams down your head, however i'd suggest ear plugs so the clicking sounds they make when they pass you don't disturb your shut eye. Or you could slip into the spa and just sleep on the massage bed. Who knows you might even get a backrub out of it?
Old Jul 3, 2015, 5:25 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Sad that Etihad have not replied.

One reason may be if there was an earlier flight that you could have taken even though you might not have been able to upgrade

Would not guarantee that you could stretch out in the lounge (assume you mean in Abu Dhabi)
Old Jul 3, 2015, 9:54 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi Desirees,

We are sorry that we didn't get an confirmation from our team. Could you please check with our airport staff for the STPC once landed in Abu Dhabi?

Thank you. *JS
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
According to Ey's published policy, STPC needs:

1. F, A, R, J, C, D, W or X class of ticket.

2. 24hrs> layover time> 8hrs

3. only applicable to first connecting flight

4. >5 days notice is required if a visa is needed or 48hrs if no visa

There as PoS restrictions that limit the STPC to tickets sold for a sector from within that sector jurisdiction.

Full terms here:
http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...rrier-STPC.pdf
Old Jul 3, 2015, 4:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond; Marriott Gold; AA Platinum
Well I checked and did not get a room so here at the lounge now...doesn't make sense - why would they give us a room on the way out and not now??? Everything is the same.

Originally Posted by rjn21
According to Ey's published policy, STPC needs:

1. F, A, R, J, C, D, W or X class of ticket.

2. 24hrs> layover time> 8hrs

3. only applicable to first connecting flight

4. >5 days notice is required if a visa is needed or 48hrs if no visa

There as PoS restrictions that limit the STPC to tickets sold for a sector from within that sector jurisdiction.

Full terms here:
http://www.etihadairways.com/sites/E...rrier-STPC.pdf
Old Jul 4, 2015, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by Desirees
Well I checked and did not get a room so here at the lounge now...doesn't make sense - why would they give us a room on the way out and not now??? Everything is the same.
Sleep on the loungers.
Old Jul 4, 2015, 3:36 am

- why would they give us a room on the way out and not now??? Everything is the same.
Different fare bucket on the different legs?

Can you tell from your ticket/booking what fare buckets you were booked in?
Old Jul 4, 2015, 5:04 am

Programs: BA GGL, BA LTG/GFL, Honors Diamond, Accor Platinum, Bonvoy Silver
Also, can you provide your flight routings and times for both outbound and inbound?
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:07 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi Desirees, kindly send your ticket number via a private message to have a look at your booking and advise you accordingly. *ES

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.