Etihad and DHL email

Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
Etihad and DHL email

I had been granted a status match and according to an email sent to me from DHL, the card is ready and about to ship, but they need to confirm my address. This is kind of a weird email to get, especially generated by the third-party shipper.

Haas anyone else received this email or is the a VERY convincing phish attempt?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:09 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
I'm not saying the email is genuine but here in the UAE we don't really have addresses so couriers often call to confirm the delivery location before sending a package out.

I don't know what method of delivery Etihad Guest use for their cards.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 9:27 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Call up DHL and confirm this is a real request - surely they must have a number to do with the request?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:09 am

Etihad and DHL email

Got the email also. Looks legit. But I'm no expert.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Given the surrounding facts and that at least one other person in the same boat as I got it, I responded. Unlike a real phishing attempt, there are no fake links, nor a request that I submit actual personal info, just an address. So I went ahead and replied.
Old Jun 25, 2015, 10:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, EY Silver, AF/KL Silver
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Originally Posted by danohio
Given the surrounding facts and that at least one other person in the same boat as I got it, I responded. Unlike a real phishing attempt, there are no fake links, nor a request that I submit actual personal info, just an address. So I went ahead and replied.
Same here
Old Jun 25, 2015, 12:01 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BAEC Silver
Same here and reply e-mail is a genuine dhl.com address...
Old Jul 8, 2015, 2:52 am

Replied and got my Gold package today by DHL -> 3 cards in total, 2 of which in the 2 baggage tags . Status is valid through 3/2017.
Old Jul 8, 2015, 4:03 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by Greenforest
Replied and got my Gold package today by DHL -> 3 cards in total, 2 of which in the 2 baggage tags . Status is valid through 3/2017.
Sounds great. We look forward to your future flights with us. *JS
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:49 am

Programs: OZ & BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott & Accor Plat
Never got the email despite being gold, any idea why? Which email should I contact to receive the new Gold package?
Thanks!
Old Aug 4, 2015, 4:07 am

My email has only just arrived so it seems they are taking some time to send out
Old Aug 7, 2015, 5:25 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by Bobdh13
Never got the email despite being gold, any idea why? Which email should I contact to receive the new Gold package?
Thanks!
Dear Bobdh13,

Could we have your Etihad Guest number and delivery details so we can check it out with the team.

Thank you. *JS
Old Aug 9, 2015, 7:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ua mm, aa plat, starriott LTPP, ihg plat, hh gold.
mr. kk and I both got a status match, although not at the same time. he got the DHL email (I was worried about phishing as well) and the card did arrive via DHL.

my card arrived eventually, not via DHL. No idea what caused the difference in delivery options.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 11:51 am

Programs: QR Platinum; EY Silver; KC Gold
I got it too. Several times by SMS too.

I think the added security/nonsense is because there's a pre-paid visa on the flip side of the card.
Old Aug 10, 2015, 12:56 pm

Also received an email - seemed odd it was a third party asking for my address, so assumed it was a fishing attempt and ignored it. Emailed Etihad and after several days they in a strange roundabout way said some people are getting emails from "them" (Etihad) re: the cards, and we should reply.

Second email a couple weeks later from DHL. So I give my Africa address to ship the card.

Two weeks later, DHL sends me an email that they've been trying to deliver to my USA address without success. U.S address is listed in my Etihad account.

For a fee, DHL will reroute the card to me.

All just ridiculous. These shenanigans follow a two month back and forth (other thread) for Gold status match.

I'm done with Etihad. Gold with Emirates and enjoying their hospitality

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.