Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Ridiculous Time's taken for Credit of Partner Miles

Old Jun 15, 2015, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Privlige club Silver

Hey Fellow FT members,

I am currently EY Silver only 2500 odd tier miles away from Gold,

I flew with VA from MEL-PER on an EY issued ticket in J class and that took over a month to credit into my account despite boarding pass copies etc being sent,

Same instant with my 9W flight from BOM-HKG-BOM in J again and it still took nearly 2 months to get the miles,

Now however since Feb 17th i have flown 1 Jet airways flight in economy from BOM-KTM, and despite being on eligible fare class and sending all required documents [Etihad even acknowledged their receipt ] ,miles still have not been credited, there have been no less than 6 email exchanges between me and the Etihad team over the past 5 mths,

Each time i get the standard responses, Been 5 months,

As a result i got frustrated and booked with Lufthansa for my next trip to EU, to two cities Etihad and Jet Fly to, as i dont have confidence with EY Guest, crediting me the miles for my flight in time for my return, so that i can take advantage of Gold Status

Anyone experienced these issues as well or is it just my misfortune?

Karan
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
If you read the posts in this forum you will see that a significant number of posts relate to miles that are never credited or "lost". This seems to be an endemic that Etihad has, and continues to have, problems with. I flew 2 sectors within the space of 6 months, I must have tried resolving the issue of missing miles with them over the phone with the call center over 6 months and many, many emails and calls where basically all I got was "we're looking into it" and promises of the miles being credited "soon". Eventually, I gave up and I cut my losses, total miles I was out by was roughly 5,000 miles (not including a double your miles promotion that was running at the time) so for the sake of my sanity I just gave up and let it go as my BP kept rising on each call.

This is really sad for Etihad, they mean well but are enfeebled with either broken tools/systems that can maintain a robust an effective tracking process for crediting miles, or inadequate and poorly trained staff who don't know how to administer and fix issues like this.
You can try messaging EtihadHelp, the resident EY troll on this forum, but it appears that they're nothing but a bunch of toothless and hapless employees in EY's social media department who act as traffic controllers forwarding messages from people like yourselves to "the concerned department" to resolve issues, and then it gets lost in a black hole and forgotten. They themselves do not appear to have any decision making capacity or power/authority to actually make a difference and resolve issues.

At the end of the day, this 'dysfunction' means that it drives customers away from EY because of loss in confidence in them in being able to properly do and deliver the service and benefits they advertise for flying with them. In this day and age given what EY's competitors can do, it's pathetic.

[By the way, I can almost guarantee to you that EtihadHelp will respond to this thread asking you to PM to them your ticket number etc. so that they can forward to the concerned department for follow up. If anything does come of it, then please do share!]

Last edited by yabadoo; Jun 15, 2015 at 4:40 pm
Old Jun 15, 2015, 12:31 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.

Emails, phone calls, private messages.... Abandon any hope, they will not appear but you will get the company troll tell you they are looking into it, just send your Guest number, booking reference, underpants size, and they wil (never) get back to you
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:13 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
It took 6 months for my family of 5 to get credit for some AA F flights, EtihadHelp did provide some assistance and while there wasn't really any good communication, there was a pretty strong correlation between their second attempt to help me and success in ultimately seeing the miles appear a few days later.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by stephem
It took 6 months for my family of 5 to get credit for some AA F flights, EtihadHelp did provide some assistance and while there wasn't really any good communication, there was a pretty strong correlation between their second attempt to help me and success in ultimately seeing the miles appear a few days later.
You were exceptionally lucky and fortunate! If I were you, I'd go out and buy a lottery ticket
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:38 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi Karan

Thanks for contacting us here on Flyertalk and sharing this experience, this doesn't sound good at all and we can understand your frustrations and for this we apologise.

We would like to help, kindly send us a private message with your Etihad guest number and email address we will chase our team to see where are are at with an update.

We hope to hear from you soon *GW
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:40 am

Hi VH-RMD,

Sounds like you haven't had a good experience too! Please be assured we would like to help. To do so, please too send us a private message with you details and we will be happy to assist
Thanks *GW
Old Jun 17, 2015, 7:41 am

Hi stephem,

Thanks for sharing this feedback, we hope this was all resolved for you in the end. If we can be of any assistance let us know *GW
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:25 am

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi VH-RMD,

Sounds like you haven't had a good experience too! Please be assured we would like to help. To do so, please too send us a private message with you details and we will be happy to assist
Thanks *GW
Troll
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by yabadoo

[By the way, I can almost guarantee to you that EtihadHelp will respond to this thread asking you to PM to them your ticket number etc. so that they can forward to the concerned department for follow up. If anything does come of it, then please do share!]
Originally Posted by VH-RMD
Troll
Told you so! (Me grinning widely!) ^
Old Jun 19, 2015, 2:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Privlige club Silver
Thanks for the replies guys,

The funniest thing in my case was that in each mail [right from March till June] they acknowledged receiving documents and themselves Quoted my PNR, Etkt number, and Flight numbers,...yet they couldnt credit the miles in a timely manner

they took nearly 6 months to credit the miles,[said miles got credited yesterday]

Best is both Jet Airways and Virgin Australia are Etihad Alliance partners

Karan
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:10 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Originally Posted by Karan
they took nearly 6 months to credit the miles,[said miles got credited yesterday]
Based on your and my experience, that seems to be the norm, if partner miles don't automatically credit, it seems to take 6 months for them to get their act together and figure out how to credit.
Old Jun 19, 2015, 9:53 am

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by yabadoo
If you read the posts in this forum you will see that a significant number of posts relate to miles that are never credited or "lost". This seems to be an endemic that Etihad has, and continues to have, problems with. I flew 2 sectors within the space of 6 months, I must have tried resolving the issue of missing miles with them over the phone with the call center over 6 months and many, many emails and calls where basically all I got was "we're looking into it" and promises of the miles being credited "soon". Eventually, I gave up and I cut my losses, total miles I was out by was roughly 5,000 miles (not including a double your miles promotion that was running at the time) so for the sake of my sanity I just gave up and let it go as my BP kept rising on each call.

This is really sad for Etihad, they mean well but are enfeebled with either broken tools/systems that can maintain a robust an effective tracking process for crediting miles, or inadequate and poorly trained staff who don't know how to administer and fix issues like this.
You can try messaging EtihadHelp, the resident EY troll on this forum, but it appears that they're nothing but a bunch of toothless and hapless employees in EY's social media department who act as traffic controllers forwarding messages from people like yourselves to "the concerned department" to resolve issues, and then it gets lost in a black hole and forgotten. They themselves do not appear to have any decision making capacity or power/authority to actually make a difference and resolve issues.

At the end of the day, this 'dysfunction' means that it drives customers away from EY because of loss in confidence in them in being able to properly do and deliver the service and benefits they advertise for flying with them. In this day and age given what EY's competitors can do, it's pathetic.

Well written and summarised...I,ve never seen any company as thick skinned as EY whereby the enormous amounts of complaints have not even made them budge an inch! I,m EY Gold and tried the premium twitter , social media , gold helpline and NONE NONE are of any use....Disgusting to say the least
Old Jun 27, 2015, 12:35 am

Same here (what a surprise ).

Had 4 flights on 9W in May. EY Guest # was already quoted at the time of the reservation and again at OLCI. Nevertheless, no automatic credit (how hard can it be?).

Filed a retroclaim, got this answer after 2 weeks:

Dear Mrs E.,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre with your request for missing Etihad Guest Miles to be credited to your account.
Please be informed that the retro claim for the ticket is now under process.

The eligibility of partner claims are verified by the partner airline themselves and hence the process could take a little longer than usual as already mentioned in our terms and conditions.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Etihad Guest Services Team

Bolding is mine... Is this is joke? They will send the request back to the partner airline, despite the fact that there was already a hick up in the initial crediting process, altough I'm not sure if the issue is related to the partner airline not sending information to EY, or EY just not processing received info from the partner airline. I bet on the latter .

What's even worse: I registered for the triple miles promotion (what's the point in promoting flights on partner airlines when the base miles are not even credited, let alone the bonus miles ) so I was counting on these miles to book 2 F awards before the devaluation in July.

I have contacted my local sales team about this issue, altough I'm not sure if they could help me on this one. In the past they have been great sorting out the regular EY mess. Perhaps something to keep in mind.
Old Jun 27, 2015, 7:58 am

Originally Posted by Epicura
Same here (what a surprise ).

Had 4 flights on 9W in May. EY Guest # was already quoted at the time of the reservation and again at OLCI. Nevertheless, no automatic credit (how hard can it be?).

Filed a retroclaim, got this answer after 2 weeks:

Dear Mrs E.,

Thank you for taking the time to contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre with your request for missing Etihad Guest Miles to be credited to your account.
Please be informed that the retro claim for the ticket is now under process.

The eligibility of partner claims are verified by the partner airline themselves and hence the process could take a little longer than usual as already mentioned in our terms and conditions.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

We look forward to welcoming you again as our guest in the future.

Yours sincerely,
Etihad Guest Services Team

Bolding is mine... Is this is joke? They will send the request back to the partner airline, despite the fact that there was already a hick up in the initial crediting process, altough I'm not sure if the issue is related to the partner airline not sending information to EY, or EY just not processing received info from the partner airline. I bet on the latter .

What's even worse: I registered for the triple miles promotion (what's the point in promoting flights on partner airlines when the base miles are not even credited, let alone the bonus miles ) so I was counting on these miles to book 2 F awards before the devaluation in July.

I have contacted my local sales team about this issue, altough I'm not sure if they could help me on this one. In the past they have been great sorting out the regular EY mess. Perhaps something to keep in mind.
Hi Epicura,

Kindly send the detail to us via a private message and we will check with our Etihad Guest team and get back to you. Thanks *ES

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.