Community
Wiki Posts
Search

On-line check-in ex-Dublin

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2015, 10:33 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
On-line check-in ex-Dublin

I cannot seem to confirm that on-line check-in (& therefore advance BP printing) is available ex-Dublin - as I have a short connection coming in to a different terminal to the one EY uses - can someone kindly confirm? Thanks.
Old May 25, 2015, 11:20 pm

Yes you check in online for Dublin. Usually at the bag drop Etihad reprint my boarding pass, I'm not sure why they do this.

A couple of other points if your on a short connection
- Etihad board their flights approx 1 hour before official departure time. This is alot earlier than the short haul carriers.
- Beware Etihad tend to be strict leaving Dublin regarding hand luggage (small 7kg bag). Make sure your hand luggage meets these requirements or they won't allow you to board. Etihad tag all bags.
Old May 26, 2015, 12:34 am
NoY
Original Poster

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by theluckyrebel
Yes you check in online for Dublin. Usually at the bag drop Etihad reprint my boarding pass, I'm not sure why they do this.

A couple of other points if your on a short connection
- Etihad board their flights approx 1 hour before official departure time. This is alot earlier than the short haul carriers.
- Beware Etihad tend to be strict leaving Dublin regarding hand luggage (small 7kg bag). Make sure your hand luggage meets these requirements or they won't allow you to board. Etihad tag all bags.
Thanks good to know.

I am arriving on BA at 18.40 to connect (separate ticket) on EY at 20.05. Tight I know. Different terminal I know.

+ I will have a cabin compliant carry-on only.
+ I will have on-line checked-in for the EY flight.
+ I am travelling Business class.

I won't hang around
Old May 26, 2015, 2:31 am

My advice would be it will be very tight. I personally believe you will be lucky to make the connection.

I do the Dublin / London route several times a month also. My experience with BA is their Heathrow/Dublin flights tend to be delayed. I have been a regular traveller with them in the past but tend to avoid these days. Aer Lingus for Heathrow, or more often City jet into city are my go to airlines.

On the other side the Etihad flight will depart early. The inbound aircraft arrives approximately 2pm in the afternoon and then parked in Dublin. Etihad won’t wait if you don’t have luggage in the hold. The business cabin is usually full. Etihad have an excellent lounge in Dublin if you can catch an earlier flight. I take this evening flight 6+ times a year.

On the plus side Dublin is a small airport. The two terminals are essentially connected and are just two separate piers, but have separate check in areas. I am not sure what the passenger transfer procedure is. I understand there are different procedures in place during peak / off peak times.
Old May 26, 2015, 7:27 am
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by theluckyrebel
My advice would be it will be very tight. I personally believe you will be lucky to make the connection.

I do the Dublin / London route several times a month also. My experience with BA is their Heathrow/Dublin flights tend to be delayed. I have been a regular traveller with them in the past but tend to avoid these days. Aer Lingus for Heathrow, or more often City jet into city are my go to airlines.

On the other side the Etihad flight will depart early. The inbound aircraft arrives approximately 2pm in the afternoon and then parked in Dublin. Etihad won’t wait if you don’t have luggage in the hold. The business cabin is usually full. Etihad have an excellent lounge in Dublin if you can catch an earlier flight. I take this evening flight 6+ times a year.

On the plus side Dublin is a small airport. The two terminals are essentially connected and are just two separate piers, but have separate check in areas. I am not sure what the passenger transfer procedure is. I understand there are different procedures in place during peak / off peak times.
Thanks again ^

I will try to get the earlier BA flight but at the moment thats the earliest I can do it. If I miss the flight I will overnight in DUB & catch the morning EY flight the next day.
Old May 26, 2015, 10:09 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by NoY
I cannot seem to confirm that on-line check-in (& therefore advance BP printing) is available ex-Dublin - as I have a short connection coming in to a different terminal to the one EY uses - can someone kindly confirm? Thanks.
Dear Guest,

Please note that you can online check in for the Etihad Operated flight on our website. If you have a Etihad booking reference, you can check in and please choose the departure city as DUB and it will allow you to process the check in.

Hope this may help. Thank you. *JS
Old May 27, 2015, 4:32 am

Programs: EY Platinum/M&M Gold
Both Terminals in Dublin are connected airside; I assume you will land at T1; follow the connecting flights signage go airside in t1 then walk over to t2? the walk from t1 to t2 is 5 min and it will bring you straight past the EY lounge (not that you will have any time to enjoy it I imagine). I assume EY will start boarding circa 7.15pm. The gate that EY always use is right at the start of Terminal 2 so at least that's a plus.
Old May 27, 2015, 8:35 am
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irish mark
Both Terminals in Dublin are connected airside; I assume you will land at T1; follow the connecting flights signage go airside in t1 then walk over to t2? the walk from t1 to t2 is 5 min and it will bring you straight past the EY lounge (not that you will have any time to enjoy it I imagine). I assume EY will start boarding circa 7.15pm. The gate that EY always use is right at the start of Terminal 2 so at least that's a plus.
Thanks. That sums it up nicely I think, yes. I will post back on my experience in June
Old May 27, 2015, 1:36 pm

i would still suggest trying to get an earlier flight. if you are delayed at all you are in trouble.. and you are on separate PNR's
Old May 27, 2015, 6:28 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Dear NoY

We just wanted to check you have been able to online check in? Kindly let us know if we can assist you and we will be happy to do so.
Please do not hesitate to contact us here to help

Thanks *GW
Old May 27, 2015, 8:42 pm
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear NoY

We just wanted to check you have been able to online check in? Kindly let us know if we can assist you and we will be happy to do so.
Please do not hesitate to contact us here to help

Thanks *GW
Thanks! My flight is not for a couple of weeks - just trying to prepare ahead
Old May 29, 2015, 11:48 pm
NoY
Original Poster

One another quick question; is it possible to check baggage on Aer Lingus through to a EY flight when on a separate booking?
Old May 30, 2015, 7:11 am

It totally depends if they have an interline agreement for the route you are on I think. If they do they often but don't have to accommodate...
Old May 30, 2015, 8:34 am
NoY
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irish mark
It totally depends if they have an interline agreement for the route you are on I think. If they do they often but don't have to accommodate...
Thanks. Its BHX-DUB (separate booking) - AUH....
Old May 31, 2015, 6:59 am

Programs: BA Executive Club - Silver (OWS)
Originally Posted by NoY
Thanks good to know.

I am arriving on BA at 18.40 to connect (separate ticket) on EY at 20.05. Tight I know. Different terminal I know.

+ I will have a cabin compliant carry-on only.
+ I will have on-line checked-in for the EY flight.
+ I am travelling Business class.

I won't hang around
I have made this connection and had time for a Guinness in between.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.