F class AUH-IAD on the 787

Old May 24, 2015, 7:25 am
ffI
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
F class AUH-IAD on the 787

My review on the new 787s - a bit disappointed
I am waiting for the reply
(not that I think they will fix the cabin, but they should know the reality)

Sir

I flew on Etihad 131 AUH-WAS recently. This was a 787, a new plane.
I have flown on EY on the 340 from DC, the 777 from JFK and the Jet airways plane to JFK (both in F class and in Business over time).

I fly once a month for work and once a quarter for leisure.
Just to compare, I have flown LH, SQ, CX, UA, AA, BA, NH, OZ, EK. (in F)
While the plane is new, the design of the F class seat and space is poor.

I went outbound to Asia on Emirates on the 380 in F Class from JFK.
There was plenty of space for all my stuff and gifts.
In contrast on the 787 Etihad plane, there was not enough space.
The footrest is too low. so the area for bags is inadequate.
A 22 inch carryon with stuff in it barely fits and juts out

You should raise the foot rest by 4-5 inches, so the bags can just slide in and there should be space for both a wheel on and a carryon bag without having to put it elsewhere.

The space in business class is more than in F class and that is not a good thing.

Please do not take this as a biased criticism.
I know this is an isolated opinion, but you should at least make sure there is enough space on future planes you receive and modify this design for future if possible before you receive them.

The crew and food were both fantastic and overall EY is among the great airlines today. I can see the progressive and spectacular improvements over time in the 5 years I have been flying EY.
Old May 24, 2015, 8:37 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I would shorten this 1 short sentences. There is a ton of irrelevant information or information which EY already has in front of it, e.g., how much you fly and what you spend. The information you wish to convey is lost in the jumble.

I would send a note which says.

"As to your 787 in F, the footrest should be raised by 4-5 inches so that a carry-on may be slid underneath."

Don't expect more than a cut & paste answer as it's not as though any carrier is going to redesign its soft product for you.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:43 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. Please kindly send us your booking reference to [email protected] We would like to look into it for you. Thank you! *ZD
Old May 25, 2015, 3:51 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by ffI
My review on the new 787s - a bit disappointed
I am waiting for the reply
(not that I think they will fix the cabin, but they should know the reality)

Sir

I flew on Etihad 131 AUH-WAS recently. This was a 787, a new plane.
I have flown on EY on the 340 from DC, the 777 from JFK and the Jet airways plane to JFK (both in F class and in Business over time).

I fly once a month for work and once a quarter for leisure.
Just to compare, I have flown LH, SQ, CX, UA, AA, BA, NH, OZ, EK. (in F)
While the plane is new, the design of the F class seat and space is poor.

I went outbound to Asia on Emirates on the 380 in F Class from JFK.
There was plenty of space for all my stuff and gifts.
In contrast on the 787 Etihad plane, there was not enough space.
The footrest is too low. so the area for bags is inadequate.
A 22 inch carryon with stuff in it barely fits and juts out

You should raise the foot rest by 4-5 inches, so the bags can just slide in and there should be space for both a wheel on and a carryon bag without having to put it elsewhere.

The space in business class is more than in F class and that is not a good thing.

Please do not take this as a biased criticism.
I know this is an isolated opinion, but you should at least make sure there is enough space on future planes you receive and modify this design for future if possible before you receive them.

The crew and food were both fantastic and overall EY is among the great airlines today. I can see the progressive and spectacular improvements over time in the 5 years I have been flying EY.
Hi guest.
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback about our First Class. Our guest satisfaction is a paramount and this gives us the opportunity to identify the areas for betterment and improvement. We will forward your feedback to the relevant department for review.
We also would like to thank you for your positive note on the hospitality offered on this flight.
We look forward to seeing you again soon on our flights.
*RM
Old May 26, 2015, 6:13 pm
ffI
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP2M, DL 1MM DM ext, UA PP <=> HH G/Marr PE/Hyatt G/IHG P FT RA ( Recovering Addict)
While I appreciate your thoughts on concise writing, I wanted to make sure that the info was taken in the right manner, hence the long post.
I think culturally Etihad can appreciate my criticism and take if for what it is, an unbiased look at their product.
They can also tell that it is not a customer who has flown their (or any F) product once and has found it small.

Anyway, each to his own ...

Originally Posted by Often1
I would shorten this 1 short sentences. There is a ton of irrelevant information or information which EY already has in front of it, e.g., how much you fly and what you spend. The information you wish to convey is lost in the jumble.

I would send a note which says.

"As to your 787 in F, the footrest should be raised by 4-5 inches so that a carry-on may be slid underneath."

Don't expect more than a cut & paste answer as it's not as though any carrier is going to redesign its soft product for you.

I am not sure what my booking reference would accomplish
Your next note is more appropriate
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear Guest, Thank you for your feedback. Please kindly send us your booking reference to [email protected] We would like to look into it for you. Thank you! *ZD

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.