Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yet Another Change

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2015, 5:23 pm
Original Poster

Yet Another Change

I usually fly with Qatar but with Etihad promoting strongly its new A380 on the London-Abu Dhabi, I thought that I would give them a try and so booked a business class flight with them. Shortly after booking the chauffeur service for my flight, this service was axed but they will honour my booking as it was done before the change. Several minor flight time changes followed but now with just a few weeks to go, my flight has been changed from the A380 to a 777. I booked on the basis of trying their new service and at the moment, the return journey is still with an A380. i know that i cannot do anything about this but will the 777 on the LHR-AUH be one of the most modern and upgraded versions of their fleet in terms of comfort and space?
Old May 24, 2015, 1:34 am

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Afraid not. Etihad's new Business Studio seats are only on the 787 and A380. Etihad's 777s have good lie-flat business class seats with direct aisle access, but they are not the most modern in the fleet.
Old May 25, 2015, 3:39 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi Guest, we apologize for the inconvenience. We hope you will enjoy the luxury on board service and feel free to contact us on [email protected] for feedback. Thank you! *ZD
Old Jun 1, 2015, 10:55 am

Have the same experience...booked the flight from DUS although could have direct flight with Emirates-just wanted to try 787 business studio. Onward flight in May has been changed to 333 (standard lie flat) then to A346 and finaly A345-the old lie flat return flight in June remained 787, but several days ago was again changed to A346...
If I knew that I would never choose it as it was more expensive and I had to travel 500 km. Nevertheless the service onboard was superb.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 11:18 am

This happens on almost every airline in the world. Get a jet.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:42 pm

Originally Posted by dannyrado
This happens on almost every airline in the world. Get a jet.
I know - I dont complain, just confirm it makes no sense to choose EY route to try the new product-especially DUS route is changing very often, LON seems to be a similar story.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 8:30 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by Xkopj
I know - I dont complain, just confirm it makes no sense to choose EY route to try the new product-especially DUS route is changing very often, LON seems to be a similar story.
Hi there,

Due to the operational reason, aircraft may be changed scheduled maintenance. We are sorry if any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your understanding. *JS
Old Jun 3, 2015, 3:04 am
Original Poster

The lack of faith in what aircraft you will ultimately travel in, does have a knock on effect. I was offered a bid upgrade to first on my return journey that is still scheduled to be an A380, but declined to offer as it is the NEW cabins that I wish to experience on the A380. If I had bid and my bid was accepted and Etihad changed the type of aircraft 'for operational reasons', I doubt that any refund would be considered and 'sorry' is too easy an escape route.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.