Search

Etihad Arrivals Lounge in Abu Dhabi

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2015, 10:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum Premier
Etihad Arrivals Lounge in Abu Dhabi

Hey Everyone,

Flying Etihad for the first time in the new business studio 787 this next week. I keep saying the arrivals lounge advertised but it seems as though the only true benefit is the free shave and even then it seems it is only free for first class. Is this arrivals lounge worth visiting? Or is it best to just head out straight to the hotel?

Thanks in advance your your advice!
Old May 20, 2015, 11:13 pm

Programs: EY Guest Platinum; A3 Gold; Delta Platinum, BA Silver, IHG Gold
It makes sense to visit the lounge if you have a business meeting right after your arrival.
Having a shower, getting the shirts pressed and having a good shave is probably the largest benefit to visit the lounge
Old May 21, 2015, 4:22 am

Thumbs up

Its definitely worth a visit. The shave is for all and not exclusive for F class pax. The food selection, albeit no hot items, are very good too. Moreover you can reach the limo desk easily from inside the lounge.
Old May 21, 2015, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Platinum Premier
Excellent, thank you very much for your feedback @h1ghfly3r and @sumayya ! If the free shave isn't exclusive to just F pax, it seems as though it's definitely worth my while to at least stop in. I'm very much looking forward to my first flight on Etihad!
Old May 21, 2015, 9:41 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by slsgsoccer0201
Hey Everyone,

Flying Etihad for the first time in the new business studio 787 this next week. I keep saying the arrivals lounge advertised but it seems as though the only true benefit is the free shave and even then it seems it is only free for first class. Is this arrivals lounge worth visiting? Or is it best to just head out straight to the hotel?

Thanks in advance your your advice!
Hi slsgsoccer0201,

it's worth a visit. We would love to hear your feedback after the visit! Have a nice flight *ES
Old May 21, 2015, 5:56 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, AA EXP, UA Silver, former DL DM
Originally Posted by sumayya
Its definitely worth a visit. The shave is for all and not exclusive for F class pax.
On the Etihad page for the Arrivals Lounge (http://www.etihad.com/en-us/experien...rivals-lounge/), there is a note that the wet shave is available for for F passengers only: "One complimentary Express Treatment for First Class guests, subject to availability"

Has this changed recently?

Last edited by lamont2718; May 23, 2015 at 9:44 am Reason: Clarity
Old May 22, 2015, 12:39 pm

I had the shave as a F passenger arriving at AUH. However for me it would be worth to spend the €15 or so for a shave at any time.
Old May 23, 2015, 1:15 am

Programs: Etihad Guest Platinum; Accor Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Had it as a j passenger on arrival. I think that the page you refer to is talking about the premium lounge whee these treatments are paid for
Old May 24, 2015, 7:57 am

Thank you all for sharing these different experiences! It's great to see this feedback *GW
Old May 25, 2015, 11:28 am

Originally Posted by Dogmatick
Had it as a j passenger on arrival. I think that the page you refer to is talking about the premium lounge whee these treatments are paid for
Had a shave in both the arrival and the premium lounge as a F passenger. The only thing I remember was that I have seen a price somewhere which was around €15 or so.
If it is free, even better. I really enjoyed it!!!
Old May 27, 2015, 7:50 pm

It's a good way to refresh yourself after a long-haul flight. We hope to see you on board again soon *ZD
Old Jul 17, 2015, 7:55 am

Is there an official source as to access policies? I have been turned down, but this time I intend to confront the lounge guards.

As far as I know,Economy class, no ( even if you are a Platinum or Gold). Ok. But....

I have also been specifically turned down by the dragons ( lounge guards) for having the word "UPD" on my boarding pass, despite being in First? ( And the only way to get there is to buy a business class ticket anyway). I was gold at the time.

But strangely enough one my colleagues that did not upgrade no UPD on his boarding pass was allowed in.

By that measure, I'm guessing they allow straight up mileage redemptions in?

At the time I was in no mood to argue and left. But I thought it strange that they asked me to leave despite this not being a cheap ticket ( it was booked in W), and originally a business class fare. Perhaps it was because I was wearing shorts during Ramadan?

Would be nice to get an official access policy to the arrivals lounge.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:30 am

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, HH Gold, SPG/Marriott Gold
Is this a good idea ?

Hi There,

I arrive on Etihad J to AUH and connect to Etihad Y. I have around 3 hours
in transit. I will not have access to Etihad Departure lounge at AUH. Is the
arrivals lounge open at midnight ? Is it worth going through customs and
get into arrival lounge ?

Please advise...F.A.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:40 am

Arrivals Lounge is open 24 hours, so you can certainly use it.

However, arriving at midnight and departing at 3am is hitting the peak arrival and peak departure, and you might have less time at the lounge than you expected.

Might be better to use Priority Pass or pay for the Al Reem lounge in T1 if you wanted to avoid the hassle and time of clearing arrivals and then departures procedures.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 11:32 am

Stargold is right, if you do not hold a status and will not be able to use the fast track facilities, then 3 hours might be a bit tight.

Does someone know if Platinum guest traveling in Y will have access?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.