Book awards on EY partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2015, 10:57 pm
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Book awards on EY partner airlines

I have been trying to book a reward flight to Germany on a flight operated by AB using Etihad Guest miles, the EY website shows no availability for the next 4 months and the same when I call the contact centre. I tried a few other destinations which are operated by partner airlines and I get the same result.

Seems to me that the folks at the call centre are not aware of the process to book these awards, anyone here been successful with this or know the correct procedure. I know there is availability as I tried it from AB's website directly.
Old May 20, 2015, 12:16 am

Originally Posted by Zol
I have been trying to book a reward flight to Germany on a flight operated by AB using Etihad Guest miles, the EY website shows no availability for the next 4 months and the same when I call the contact centre. I tried a few other destinations which are operated by partner airlines and I get the same result.

Seems to me that the folks at the call centre are not aware of the process to book these awards, anyone here been successful with this or know the correct procedure. I know there is availability as I tried it from AB's website directly.
Can you see availability through BA EC? I have faced the blues doing the same for an AB flight, EY insisted no seats available despite showing up through BA, QF and VA!
Old May 20, 2015, 1:04 am
Zol
Moderator: Emirates Skywards and Qatar Airways Privilege Club
Original Poster

Programs: EK Gold|EY Gold|Bonvoy Ambassador| IHG Plat|HHonors Diamond
Originally Posted by edy4eva
Can you see availability through BA EC? I have faced the blues doing the same for an AB flight, EY insisted no seats available despite showing up through BA, QF and VA!
Yes BAEC shows availability and so does AB Topbonus so I know there are seats.

Is there a way to transfer guest miles to topbonus instead and I can book it direct with AB?
Old May 20, 2015, 11:36 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
All of the threads on partner award availability with EY Guest miles suggest that EY has access to a tiny subset of what is available to other programs on those carriers, possibly no availability at all.
Old May 20, 2015, 5:01 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by Zol

Hi Zol, let us help you with this. Kindly send your Etihad Guest number and your direct contact number with the international code via private message to look into this for you. *ES
Old May 25, 2015, 9:58 am

Originally Posted by Zol
I had a very Kafka-esque conversation with an Etihad agent a few months ago where they politely advised me that every single seat on every single day for every single Jet Airways flight on every single route was sold out with no exceptions for the next 11 months, but please try back tomorrow because availability changes constantly.
Old May 26, 2015, 3:37 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
I had a very Kafka-esque conversation with an Etihad agent a few months ago where they politely advised me that every single seat on every single day for every single Jet Airways flight on every single route was sold out with no exceptions for the next 11 months, but please try back tomorrow because availability changes constantly.
Hi B747-437B , Let us know if you still need any help! *ES
Old May 26, 2015, 7:15 am

So we now have Jet, Brussels and Air Berlin - all with no reward availability to any destination for the next 12 months. What is the point of advertising if you aren't able to book anything. Maybe a case for the ASA?
Old May 26, 2015, 6:08 pm

Originally Posted by jimbosmith300
So we now have Jet, Brussels and Air Berlin - all with no reward availability to any destination for the next 12 months. What is the point of advertising if you aren't able to book anything. Maybe a case for the ASA?
I think the issue is technical combined with misinformed agents. So techies aren't telling agents that the booking system is broken and returns no results, agents look up availability, see none, then assume there really aren't seats.

This is the result of transiting to Sabre a couple years ago. VA did the same and have the exact same issues.
Old May 26, 2015, 10:55 pm

Hi jimbosmith300, let us know if you need any help. Feel free to send the flight details and your Etihad Guest number including your direct contact number to be able to contact you. *ES
Old May 27, 2015, 1:59 pm

I think the issue is technical combined with misinformed agents. So techies aren't telling agents that the booking system is broken and returns no results, agents look up availability, see none, then assume there really aren't seats.

This is the result of transiting to Sabre a couple years ago. VA did the same and have the exact same issues.

So how do we get anyone from Etihad to actually investigate this rather than just telling us to phone to check availability?
Old May 27, 2015, 6:54 pm

So how do we get anyone from Etihad to actually investigate this rather than just telling us to phone to check availability?
Await a proactive EY staff to be assigned internally to look at this issue, instead of taking things at face value. Maybe a year or two, one can only hope.
Old May 28, 2015, 12:35 am

Await a proactive EY staff to be assigned internally to look at this issue, instead of taking things at face value. Maybe a year or two, one can only hope.
Come on EtihadHelp ...
Old May 28, 2015, 1:07 am

Come on EtihadHelp ...
How can we assist you further jimbosmith300? *HE

Last edited by EtihadHelp; May 28, 2015 at 1:22 am
Old May 28, 2015, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
How can we assist you further regarding jimbosmith300? *HE
hah!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.