Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book awards on EY partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Agree schoppy, there have been reports of a few, so not exactly a unicorn sighting ;-)

BTW, is this ANA chart accurate? It is the link provided here on the Etihad site. It would be an understatement to say there are some decent values here, the increment from Y->J->F is rather small. Now I know there is next to no chance of me getting these booked, but at these rates I might put some effort into it, being West Coast US based there are some good ways to get to Asia on here.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 2:19 am

Programs: AP 75k
Originally Posted by stephem
Agree schoppy, there have been reports of a few, so not exactly a unicorn sighting ;-)

BTW, is this ANA chart accurate? It is the link provided here on the Etihad site. It would be an understatement to say there are some decent values here, the increment from Y->J->F is rather small. Now I know there is next to no chance of me getting these booked, but at these rates I might put some effort into it, being West Coast US based there are some good ways to get to Asia on here.
I've tried a few times (weeks timeframe) and they've never found any seats in Y, J, or F even if there were plenty available.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 5:48 am

Programs: All of Them
Originally Posted by chocobill
I've tried a few times (weeks timeframe) and they've never found any seats in Y, J, or F even if there were plenty available.
I was an hour and 15 minutes into a phone call trying to book NRT-SIN. It seemed as though it was going to be successful (after I explain Changi and Singapore was the same thing).

Phone call then dropped. Don't have the gumption currently to try again.
Old Jul 12, 2015, 4:01 pm

Perhaps Etihadhelp could be of assistance.

Anyone else notice that Korean (KE) is missing an award chart from the page?
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...ne/korean-air/

Also I find it interesting that some carriers allow one way awards ( i.e AA) but others do not ( ANA) . Its a hodgepodge of policies.....

Having to explain Changi and Singapore are the same thing is just classic. I suppose Incheon is not Seoul then, by that measure.....
Old Jul 13, 2015, 1:51 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi Richklhs, Let us know if you need any help. You can send your contact and Etihad Guest number in a private message and we will ask our reservations team to contact you. *ES

Originally Posted by Richklhs
I was an hour and 15 minutes into a phone call trying to book NRT-SIN. It seemed as though it was going to be successful (after I explain Changi and Singapore was the same thing).

Phone call then dropped. Don't have the gumption currently to try again.
Old Jul 13, 2015, 2:01 am

Hi meFIRST, Thanks for bringing this to our attention. We will check with out Etihad Guest team and our Website team about the chart. We will keep you updated here.

*ES

Originally Posted by meFIRST
Perhaps Etihadhelp could be of assistance.

Anyone else notice that Korean (KE) is missing an award chart from the page?
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...ne/korean-air/

Also I find it interesting that some carriers allow one way awards ( i.e AA) but others do not ( ANA) . Its a hodgepodge of policies.....

Having to explain Changi and Singapore are the same thing is just classic. I suppose Incheon is not Seoul then, by that measure.....
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:14 am

By the way is it possible to make an Etihad Guest award booking at an EY ticket office? This would eliminate the need to call an EY call center, and related frustration.

By the way, I have purchased EY revenue tickets at an EY ticket office. The person there seemed somewhat reluctant do to it really ( my guess is they don't get a lot of those requests), and the process seemed cumbersome. I saw the agent had to go through multiple sabre pages. Took about 15-20 minutes.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:01 pm

Dear meFIRST,

An Etihad Guest award booking will need to be purchased over the phone with our reservations team or on our website, kindly use these links to help; http://bit.ly/1aj05Vi & http://bit.ly/1moZ15n

We thank you for feeding this information back to us, we encourage this to improve our guest experience and apologise for the delay at our EY ticket office *GW
Old Aug 5, 2015, 1:50 am

Just spend 28 mins on the phone trying to book a Asiana HKG-ICN-HKG trip. The first 25 minutes were spent trying to convince the agent that I did have enough miles in my account as I don't actually have to fly HKG-AUH-ICN-AUH-HKG as EY partner with Asiana.

Despite ANA showing plenty of award availability on my preferred dates, the agent informed me that there was no availability within a 5 day window of my preferred dates!

I'm really kicking myself for not burning these before devaluation. Grrrr.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:09 am

Success to report today. The call took 52 minutes (the agent seemed perfectly competent but partner award booking seems to be a long slow process) to book an economy one-way Virgin Australia domestic flight for my first choice date. I didn't realise until I made the call but EY miles can't be used to redeem VA domestic Business class

Anyway, 6900 EY miles less to worry about now!
Old Aug 7, 2015, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by TEX277
Success to report today. The call took 52 minutes (the agent seemed perfectly competent but partner award booking seems to be a long slow process) to book an economy one-way Virgin Australia domestic flight for my first choice date. I didn't realise until I made the call but EY miles can't be used to redeem VA domestic Business class

Anyway, 6900 EY miles less to worry about now!
Why not? They have the business redemption chart along with the economy one.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:00 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Why not? They have the business redemption chart along with the economy one.
Indeed it does but the website does state:

"To make a reward booking on Virgin Australia please contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre at least 14 days prior to your intended date of travel.

The table below indicates the miles required for a one way redemption ticket based on the distance traveled. Virgin Australia Long Haul awards are offered in Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class while Virgin Australia Domestic and International Short Haul are offered in Economy Class only."
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:03 am

Indeed it does but the website does state:

"To make a reward booking on Virgin Australia please contact the Etihad Guest Service Centre at least 14 days prior to your intended date of travel.

The table below indicates the miles required for a one way redemption ticket based on the distance traveled. Virgin Australia Long Haul awards are offered in Economy, Premium Economy and Business Class while Virgin Australia Domestic and International Short Haul are offered in Economy Class only."
Ah, thanks. I missed that part...
Old Aug 7, 2015, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
Ah, thanks. I missed that part...
No worries. So did I until the agent informed me.
Old Aug 7, 2015, 1:37 pm

Success to report today. The call took 52 minutes )
Can you explain how easy it was and the steps necessary? Did you have to provide the flight number, etc. or did you ask for route only?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.