Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Book awards on EY partner airlines

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2016, 9:18 am

Bangkok Airways can be booked with EY miles (I've done it myself). But can I book a Bangkok Airways flight operated by China Airlines?
Old Dec 29, 2016, 11:44 pm

Programs: not anymore! I'm FREE!
Originally Posted by DaveInLA
Bangkok Airways can be booked with EY miles (I've done it myself). But can I book a Bangkok Airways flight operated by China Airlines?
No.
Old Dec 30, 2016, 2:24 am

What is the contact phone number to Etihad Manchester office?.
Old Dec 31, 2016, 6:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by ual902
what is the contact phone number to etihad manchester office?.
+44 161 492 3300
Old Jan 19, 2017, 7:00 am
kkl

Tried 2x to book Bangkok airways from BKK-USM. Agent could not see any availability at all
Old Feb 24, 2017, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Garuda space available via DL and AF... Etihad cant see
Old Feb 24, 2017, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by rankourabu
Garuda space available via DL and AF... Etihad cant see
Call Manchester +443456081225
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM
Originally Posted by mlqsko
Call Manchester +443456081225
Still no go.
So frustrating.

Edit: 3 agents say no, apparently they only get a certain quota of Garuda seats

Last edited by rankourabu; Feb 26, 2017 at 1:28 pm
Old Feb 26, 2017, 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by cln
having used EY miles last year on Oman Air MCT-SLL-MCT-MLE in J (went smooth) AIRLINES
Is there a way to check the availability for WY flights that EY can book with EY miles?
Old Feb 26, 2017, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Does anyone have any experience with a schedule change on a partner award ticket booked with Etihad miles? I have an AA flight connection that's increased by four hours! It would be extremely nice to get it modified. Of course, award seats are not available on the "correct" itinerary, so I'd need Etihad to call AA and get AA to give them to me. If I had booked directly with AA, it would be a fairly easy phone call to get the right flights. I'm guessing my phone calls with Etihad will be dreadful.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 1:30 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
Does anyone have any experience with a schedule change on a partner award ticket booked with Etihad miles? I have an AA flight connection that's increased by four hours! It would be extremely nice to get it modified. Of course, award seats are not available on the "correct" itinerary, so I'd need Etihad to call AA and get AA to give them to me. If I had booked directly with AA, it would be a fairly easy phone call to get the right flights. I'm guessing my phone calls with Etihad will be dreadful.
Had that issue and close to impossible to get anything done
Old Feb 27, 2017, 10:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike84k
Had that issue and close to impossible to get anything done
Yeah, I can see that.

I just called and got the Manchester desk, and it seemed like I was talking to one of their most competent employees. We went through the situation, she understood the problem, and put me on hold to talk to her supervisor. Her supervisor apparently told her "no, there's nothing we can do" and I wasn't allowed to talk to that supervisor.

I'll HUCA a couple of times, but it looks grim. A good reason not to use Etihad miles for CONNECTING partner awards, because there's just too much risk of an "unsolvable" problem like this one.

UPDATE: Three HUCAs and no success, both in London and what I assume to be Abu Dhabi. Is there any way to directly reach a supervisor at Etihad? I assume they COULD help if they wanted to. I also assume they do have a "liaison desk" to assist with changes/cancellations on partner award bookings. Or do they really just have a policy of "tough luck" and refuse to even try to help on such bookings? Weird, at least compared to my many previous experiences with other airlines and partner bookings. It's certainly a customer-unfriendly way to do business, for no apparent reason.

Last edited by iahphx; Feb 27, 2017 at 3:39 pm Reason: more
Old Mar 1, 2017, 2:29 am

HUCA some more.
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mlqsko
HUCA some more.
I HUCA'd a couple more times. No luck -- and they've now put "notes" in my record telling their agents that I've called and been told there's nothing they can do.

This looks hopeless, unless somebody has a contact at Etihad. The cancelled flight has made my AA connection 8 1/2 hours. A simple phone call from Etihad to AA would likely solve the problem.

I had an almost identical issue last year with a LATAM connection booked using AAdvantage miles. I called AA and they sent my problem over to their liaison desk, which made a phone call to LATAM and quickly rebooked me to the logical flights. I've had BA Avios do the same thing for me with a cancelled partner flight. But there seems to be nobody at Etihad who is willing to make any effort to help me with this rather routine problem. It seems to be a combination of incompetence and indifference. Sad!
Old Mar 1, 2017, 10:52 pm

It will be very hard to get anything done now they have made notes in the reservation.

One avenue I've had success in a situation similar (think it may have been AA / Gulf) is contacting AA explaining the situation due to the schedule change, they maybe able to open a seat on the more suitable flight and add flight to the itinerary, once they had done this I had to call the other airline who then had to reissue the ticket.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.