Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Horrible customer service and generic replies

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Horrible customer service and generic replies

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2015, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down Horrible customer service and generic replies

Hi All,

I have been travelling with Etihad since 2009 and I have had issues earlier. But these days guest relations team is really horrible. For issues reported, I am getting a standard block of text as reply. I got this block almost 3 times.

Here is it :
It is disappointing to read that we have been unable to respond to you in a way that meets your expectations. Our sole intention when corresponding with any of our Guests is to address their individual concerns and seek a solution to the problems, wherever possible.

It is sometimes inevitable that the resolution derived is deemed unfavorable by our passengers. We understand your disappointment.

I have certainly looked again at what happened and taken into account everything you have told us. Whilst mindful of your disappointment in respect of the explanation and apology offered in our correspondence, please allow me to assure you that the well defined policies we have in place to ensure that we are both consistent, and fair, to all of our guests.

Whenever we write to guests it is normally because expectations have not been met, and we always try to recover the situation as best we can and ensure the responsible departments/ staff members are made aware that their actions have damaged the professional image we strive hard to achieve.

Indeed, feedback is always welcomed at Etihad as we recognise that our guests’ views provide us directions for improvement, identify areas where we are falling short of expectations, and highlight aspects that we are getting right.
Have any one of you got this reply ?
Old May 15, 2015, 9:34 am

Yes, every single time (3x in one year). The expected response should be: EY understands you had issue and we will offer you ..... Instead, nothing changes and nothing gets offered
Old May 16, 2015, 10:51 am

They are beyond atrocious.

I am platinum so am promised a response within the same day. I find there are more problems than any other airline so end up emailing every two months or so. Same pattern

Instance response auto reply

Generic response but with a personal signature later that day to say they are looking into it

An unsatisfactory answer about a week later or, on two occasions no answer at all!

And don't get me started in the call centre service! Recently had some good quality call handlers but seems to be no link up or communication between different departments.

On to least one occasion I have chosen a different airline because I couldn't get a straightforward answer to a straightforward question. It really is crazy when they are so good in the air.
Old May 16, 2015, 11:22 am

Programs: QR Platinum; EY Silver; KC Gold
Originally Posted by pml147
They are beyond atrocious.

Same pattern

Instance response auto reply

Generic response but with a personal signature later that day to say they are looking into it

An unsatisfactory answer about a week later or, on two occasions no answer at all!
Exactly the same. It is policy: copy, paste, hide.
Old May 17, 2015, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
I can't believe people are continually complaining about stuff. I must not be the norm.
Old May 17, 2015, 5:58 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Routine complainers get routine responses.

The days of personalized responses other than to unique issues which require personal analysis or are for true HVC's, are long in the past.
Old May 17, 2015, 8:23 am

If you don't explain the problem it is difficult to assess whether you should have expected a personalized response.
Old May 17, 2015, 10:13 am

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
I don't if this would work for others but I found a "side-door" to connect with an actual human being who has the ability to look into an issue and even do something about it. I wrote an email commending a staff member for going out of their way to help me out when I was flying recently. It took a while but I got a reply back from a person who actually gave their full name. appreciating my compliments and thanking me.
I then took the opportunity to write back and request they look into a missing miles that never got posted and for 5 months I was being given the run-around on the phone and all the emails you see posted on this board.
It took about 3 days but my missing miles got posted. So, not saying this is the way to connect and resolve problems, but it worked for me. Other than that, contacting their call center or the various email addresses has quite mixed results.
Old May 17, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
I can't believe people are continually complaining about stuff. I must not be the norm.
It is the norm for some, not most. Airlines are getting VERY good at figuring out who the constant complainers are....thus the lack of response. Many people (pathetically) supplement their lifestyle with complaints. Thank GOD CRM software is allowing companies to get on top of these wretches.
Old May 17, 2015, 3:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Originally Posted by bubbashow
It is the norm for some, not most. Airlines are getting VERY good at figuring out who the constant complainers are....thus the lack of response. Many people (pathetically) supplement their lifestyle with complaints. Thank GOD CRM software is allowing companies to get on top of these wretches.
Agreed, and cynical serial complainers make it harder for people with genuine issues to punch through and get action.
Old May 17, 2015, 8:37 pm

Programs: UA Plt HertzpresC Avisfirst
Originally Posted by BearX220
Agreed, and cynical serial complainers make it harder for people with genuine issues to punch through and get action.
I don't believe its just that. They also don't care anymore. It doesn't matter if its genuine or not. Seems like its an auto response. I'm not a big complainer at all. I had an issue with a GA a while back. I wrote in that I do not want compensation, I just want a senior manager to call me and have a chat about the employee. My point was that UA should flag or train the employee not to piss off passengers. I got back an auto message. At that point I opened my eyes and realized they don't really care about my $$. Back then I was a very loyal customer. Now I also do what's convenient and comfortable to my schedule, airport, class and price. It is what it is....

EDIT My apologies. I did write UA in my post. Should have been more clear what airline i was referring to.

Last edited by Goodtimes321; May 19, 2015 at 7:37 pm
Old May 17, 2015, 9:51 pm

Same with me.

I have contacted them about six Times in a year - never looking for compensation and mainly looking for clarity where an issue was unclear after an unsuccessful try with the terrible call centre or the website wasn't working properly - situations where I was trying to buy an expensive ticket from them not trying and claim any compensation or complain.

Almost every time it was the same generic replies and a slow unclear resolution.

Too easy for others to dismiss this as routine complainers. As a frequent flyer with many airlines there genuinely is something much much worse about Etihad customer service (but as I said IMO they are great in the air).
Old May 18, 2015, 11:53 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Etihad Airways

Dear Goodtimes321,

first of all, we would like to genuinely thank you for your efforts and your honest feedback. We are sad to hear about your disappointment with us, and regret that you did not get a satisfying answer from us during our latest correspondence.

If we can do anything for you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. Our Guest Affairs team, and also our Social Media team are here for you 24/7. We are real people with real and quick typing fingers .

But for now, we just wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for your honesty and apologize for the way things were handled.

Warm regards,
*JP
Old May 18, 2015, 12:01 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Dear pml147,

That's not good to hear. We would like to thank you for your honest and straight up feedback. Kindly know, we are taking note of this and are using this feedback to improve our services for you.

If there is anything we can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact us in the future. We will be glad to help. You can also reach out to us on our Social Media channels at any time.

Best regards,
*JP
Old May 18, 2015, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear Goodtimes321...
first of all, we would like to genuinely thank you for your efforts and your honest feedback. We are sad to hear about your disappointment with us, and regret that you did not get a satisfying answer from us during our latest correspondence.
If we can do anything for you in the future, please don't hesitate to contact us. Our Guest Affairs team, and also our Social Media team are here for you 24/7. We are real people with real and quick typing fingers .
Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear pml147,
That's not good to hear. We would like to thank you for your honest and straight up feedback. Kindly know, we are taking note of this and are using this feedback to improve our services for you.
If there is anything we can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact us in the future. We will be glad to help. You can also reach out to us on our Social Media channels at any time.
Sorry but how is this any different from the typical generic computer response?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.