Chauffeur service questions

Old May 2, 2015, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Chauffeur service questions

About to book in a chauffeur ride to the airport, I've got two questions.

1. Are pets allowed in the car?
I plan to put my pet parrot in a travel cage and ride with her - will this be ok? Anyone have any experience? Should I bother to call them and ask? I don't see why not, after all, some people do fly with pets (as long as they're properly restrained) ...

2. Will the driver make a short stop on the way to the airport?
It's a 5/10minute detour to stop at the bird boarding place where I'm planning to drop off my parrot...

I'm really hoping this'll work out...
Old May 2, 2015, 9:50 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by miss_tree

I plan to put my pet parrot in a travel cage and ride with her - will this be ok? Anyone have any experience? Should I bother to call them and ask? I don't see why not, after all, some people do fly with pets (as long as they're properly restrained) ...

It's a 5/10minute detour to stop at the bird boarding place where I'm planning to drop off my parrot...

Hi miss_tree, kindly send your booking reference and your contact details via private message so we can check with our team about this and get back to you. *ES
Old May 3, 2015, 12:25 am

Originally Posted by miss_tree

Neither sounds like problems that a generous tip can't solve...
Old May 4, 2015, 11:23 am

Since this thread is here, might as well ask: if I'm flying into LGA and connecting to an EY flight out of JFK (on a single ticket), will I be able to use the chauffeur service to get me from LGA to JFK?
Old May 4, 2015, 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by palefire
Since this thread is here, might as well ask: if I'm flying into LGA and connecting to an EY flight out of JFK (on a single ticket), will I be able to use the chauffeur service to get me from LGA to JFK?
No.
Old May 4, 2015, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by mlqsko
No.
I will defer to you if you have actual experience but I don't see why this wouldn't be allowed. EY's website says inter-terminal transfers are not allowed; it says nothing about inter-airport transfers. Worst comes to worst you can walk over a footbridge from LGA to an airport hotel (Sheraton or the Clarion?) and ask EY to pick you up from there for the ride to JFK.
Old May 4, 2015, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by Top of climb
I will defer to you if you have actual experience but I don't see why this wouldn't be allowed.
It's NOT eligible because NYC is treated as a transit point. The service can be provided if the itinerary starts or ends in JFK.
Old May 4, 2015, 11:22 pm

Originally Posted by edy4eva
It's NOT eligible because NYC is treated as a transit point.
This. Same applies if you walk over a footbridge from LGA to an airport hotel (Sheraton or the Clarion?) and ask EY for chauffeur service. It will be denied.

*-AAA-x-BBB-x-CCC-x-DDD-*

You are allowed a chauffeur service at the '*' points, not at 'x'.

Last edited by mlqsko; May 5, 2015 at 12:26 am
Old May 5, 2015, 12:21 am

Originally Posted by mlqsko
You are allowed a chauffeur service at the 'x' points, not at '*'.
I think you might have gotten that the other way around

On tickets which allow stopover, if there was a >24hr stopover at the 'x' points then they will provide chauffeur. But AA redemptions do not allow stopovers, and they do not provide chauffeur for connections as mentioned above.
Old May 5, 2015, 12:26 am

Originally Posted by stargold
I think you might have gotten that the other way around
Yeah, too early here. OP didn't mention a stop-over too, but a simple transit.
Old May 8, 2015, 3:35 am

Delhi chauffeur service business class

Has anyone used Etihad chauffeur service for business class in Delhi? What car do they send?
Old May 13, 2015, 10:29 am

Thought I'd jump in here rather than start a new thread...

I'm fairly sure I know the answer, but there's always a chance I'm wrong...

If I had a morning flight out of AUH, do you think they'd transfer me from Dubai the previous day, such that I could spend the night in the premier inn and wake up refreshed for my flight??
Old Nov 7, 2015, 3:39 am
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Any experiences in DELHI with the EY chauffeur service - type of car etc.? Thanks!
Old Nov 9, 2015, 7:52 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ, EY, QR, BA, ITA, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by NoY
Any experiences in DELHI with the EY chauffeur service - type of car etc.? Thanks!
Anyone? Cheers!
Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Nashville -Past DL Plat, FO, WN-CP, various hotel programs
Programs: DL-MM, AA, SW w/companion,HiltonDiamond, Hyatt PLat, IHF Plat, Miles and Points Seeker
Originally Posted by NoY
We are making this trip in the spring. Only doing a day in DEL as part of a RTW trip. Assume even award folks get this service (in BIZ). Guess we need to pick a place to stay as well.

Departing on Singapore, so will not use that service then.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.