Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chauffeur service questions

Search this Thread

Old Nov 10, 2015, 7:18 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by NoStressHere
We are making this trip in the spring. Only doing a day in DEL as part of a RTW trip. Assume even award folks get this service (in BIZ). Guess we need to pick a place to stay as well.

Departing on Singapore, so will not use that service then.
Am off there in December, so looking for any feedback.

EY Guest Award tix get the car service (not sure about AA awards though)
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:23 am

Non-EY awards also get chauffeur.

It's one of the enjoyable things over EK, who only provides chauffeur for their own program redemptions. But by the time you see the ridiculous number of miles and the surcharges required, you'll realise it's just better to use the non-EK programs and pay for a transfer out of pocket.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 11:10 am

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by stargold
Non-EY awards also get chauffeur.

It's one of the enjoyable things over EK, who only provides chauffeur for their own program redemptions. But by the time you see the ridiculous number of miles and the surcharges required, you'll realise it's just better to use the non-EK programs and pay for a transfer out of pocket.
EK provides transfer also in UAE for QF flights when redeemed AA miles. Booking through QF website.
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by Jaenks
EK provides transfer also in UAE for QF flights when redeemed AA miles. Booking through QF website.
Well, that's not for people actually booked on EK flights, is it?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Well, that's not for people actually booked on EK flights, is it?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 11:09 am

If I can add a related question, I'm flying with my wife and two infants on infant fares. I have the Chauffeur booked in AUH and DFW (and then again on the return to AUH). It only lets me select two passengers, myself and my wife. A sedan is generally large enough to accommodate the boys and their car seats as well, and the children are on the reservation with non-insubstantial fares paid for them.

As the rules say children are not eligible, does that mean they are not eligible separately or that they cannot even ride in the car? If the car turns up would he refuse service if we have the kids with us?

Secondarily, a larger car would obviously be much more preferable to ensure there is room for our baggage as well. Is there any way to request a larger vehicle to accommodate my family?
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by giantreesemar
As the rules say children are not eligible, does that mean they are not eligible separately or that they cannot even ride in the car? If the car turns up would he refuse service if we have the kids with us?
It just means the children are not entitled to their own car - naturally they are expected to share the car with an adult.
Secondarily, a larger car would obviously be much more preferable to ensure there is room for our baggage as well. Is there any way to request a larger vehicle to accommodate my family?
If space was a concern, would you consider taking two cars? You can ask about being able to combine the two into a larger car when they call to confirm, and if they say no, two cars will give plenty of space for everyone in comfort.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 7:05 pm

Programs: QF(Platinum) VA(Platinum) EY(Platinum) NZ(Gold) AZ(Platinum) SPG(Gold)
EK, who only provides chauffeur for their own program redemptions.
Originally Posted by Jaenks
You've been lead down a garden path. It is indeed possible to get chauffeur service on a EK reward flight booked via QFF Partner Redemption (so it's just not Skywards redemptions), as long as it's an eligible class/location. QFF Partner redemptions on EK tin use the EK flight number (not the QF codeshare number) in case of silliness on that part.

Originally Posted by Emirates Chauffeur-drive Terms and Conditions
Chauffeur-drive service is not available on reward tickets booked via Emirates Skywards airline partners for travel on Emirates (with the exception of Qantas).

Last edited by SuiteFlight; Nov 19, 2015 at 11:09 pm
Old Nov 19, 2015, 9:27 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium / HH Diamond / Hyatt Explorist
If I book an award flight via AA
SYD>AUH>LAX>SFO
My LAX>SFO will be on AA, will I get a Chauffeur in SFO?
Old Nov 20, 2015, 12:11 am

No, you will not get chauffeur at either LAX or SFO. You need to be terminating your journey at either of those places on the EY flight in order for them to provide it.
Old Nov 20, 2015, 8:41 am

It just means the children are not entitled to their own car - naturally they are expected to share the car with an adult.If space was a concern, would you consider taking two cars? You can ask about being able to combine the two into a larger car when they call to confirm, and if they say no, two cars will give plenty of space for everyone in comfort.
Two cars would be ideal - should I just take my wife off the reservation I've already made, and go back in and make a second reservation for her? We're all on the same PNR. Or I guess calling in might be easier
Old Nov 21, 2015, 8:50 pm

Programs: EY Gold
Originally Posted by giantreesemar
Two cars would be ideal - should I just take my wife off the reservation I've already made, and go back in and make a second reservation for her? We're all on the same PNR. Or I guess calling in might be easier
I've had luck on the DFW side with requesting a larger vehicle to accommodate extra luggage. Last time I made that request, a 7 seater SUV with plenty of room for two car seats turned up.

I think calling in to explain your situation is the best bet, though I've never used a chauffeur SUV myself in AUH. Good luck!
Old May 9, 2016, 7:02 pm

I booked the chauffeur service gave them the address and they said it's confirmed. The problem is the address is over the mileage limit. They did not mention anything about it, will I be charged the difference? Thanks
Old May 9, 2016, 9:50 pm
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by plantinum
I booked the chauffeur service gave them the address and they said it's confirmed. The problem is the address is over the mileage limit. They did not mention anything about it, will I be charged the difference? Thanks
Dear Plantinum,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Can you kindly send us your booking reference and contact details via private message so we can look into it for you? Thank you.

Kind regards, *Kim
Old May 17, 2016, 2:27 am

If I book XXX-AUH and DXB-YYY on two separate tickets, can I request the chauffeur for AUH to DXB (airport to airport)? First ticket would be an EY J award and the second one on EK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.