Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Jetihad? Beware! Broken Seat on a 14hr Flight - EY: "7000 miles" and get lost

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jetihad? Beware! Broken Seat on a 14hr Flight - EY: "7000 miles" and get lost

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2015, 7:08 am

Originally Posted by LausanneBoy
Tried that...been radio silence since...

Where is EtihadHelp when you need it?
That's a shame, it used to be a direct route to resolution of any EY woes. Maybe too many people were taking the direct approach?!
Old Apr 23, 2015, 10:40 am

Programs: Paid F
I'd say 70,000 miles would be a nice parting gift. Miles being largely worthless anyway this is unlikely to cost them any significant money down the line.
Old Apr 23, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Got two long hauls coming up...now starting to worry !

Employees in general all over the ME, Asia are hardly empowered to take action, use initiative to correct a problem. Such a shame.
Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Sorry to hear about this experience. Other suggestions here might be better, but might threatening a complaint to the US Dept of Transportation help? (There's an online form for this.) Reportedly American carriers sometimes take this seriously Not sure if it applies to Etihad, but since the flight terminated in the US maybe the DOT has some jurisdiction.
Old Apr 27, 2015, 1:22 am
Original Poster

[Update]

I tried to write again to their Platinum desk and copied some of EY's execs 3 days ago, but all I got was a form response and then nothing again...

Dear Mr LausanneBoy,

Thank you for taking time to contact the Etihad Guest Service Center.

We are in receipt of your email

Please be advised that we are looking into the concerns you have raised. Rest assured that your email has received our attention and we hope that in time, we would be able to correspond to you accordingly.

Your patience and understanding in this regard is much appreciated.

Should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Yours sincerely,

[Name]
Premium Member Services
Etihad Guest
What kind of useless premium customer service is this? World's leading airline my a*s*.

I travel exclusively in long-haul paid J and F between EU and Asia and between Asia and USA, is it time to jump ship?
Old Apr 27, 2015, 11:15 pm

Programs: AA
Really sorry that you have had such an awful experience. I am a bit surprised given that you are their elite flying on a revenue ticket. This is the time when airlines should respond quickly and find a common ground with the pax. American companies know this better and try to keep the business but probably less so for emerging carriers, especially EY since their staff don't have long term commitments to their airline or brand. Another problem is empowerment. From their case in AUH fog, we all know that many "managers" don't have the ability to change a ticket. Another surprise for me.

As the email indicates, why not wait a bit? If nothing happens, I would "jump ship". I flew them a long time ago once (revenue J, no status with them) and their promised car service didn't work as planned and their customer service was just awful at best. So I am waiting for them to grow and learn until I board them again.

In the meantime, I always wondered how these ME3 gets so highly ranked given this level of customer service...
Old Apr 28, 2015, 12:23 am

Programs: TK*G
Originally Posted by whimike
This is not something that is unique to EY. The ME3 are usually good in the air, but once you hit the ground it is a complete joke. On Emirates I had a year of 200,000+ miles of paid F and during that time have been treated like absolute garbage when on the ground. On one of my flights I was downgraded from F to J because they changed plane types, I emailed Emirates to get some sort of downgrade compensation, and to this day they claim they owe me absolutely nothing.

I rant about this often, but with the ME3 anybody under a supervisor of a supervisor of a supervisor is not empowered to do anything, at all. If it isn't in their book of rules, they won't budge to help you one iota. It is incredibly frustrating because when I talk to a CSR they often completely understand the problem, know that there is a simple solution to help, but since its not in their rule book they can't do the slightest thing. Even the most common sense items, if you somehow manage to get to somebody of power they can do it at the snap of a finger, but it's impossible to get to that person that is empowered to make decisions.
I took a voluntary downgrade from F to J on QR and was rewarded with cash compensation and a connecting flight that actually got me to my destination earlier (which is why I asked to be bumped in the first place). So I suppose it just depends on which way the wind's blowing that particular day.
Old Apr 28, 2015, 6:03 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Hi there

Please email your feedback or query to [email protected] and we will look into it. Thanks *DP
Old Apr 28, 2015, 9:25 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Hi there

Please email your feedback or query to [email protected] and we will look into it. Thanks *DP
Yeah I've done that a while back and all I got was an "[RQID:336961]" with a repeated promise that someone is looking into the case...and that was it. Kinda shocked by the responses from EY tbh.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:06 am

Dear LausanneBoy

We are sorry to hear you are not happy with the offer made, kindly send us an inbox message with your case reference number (RQID) and we will have our team review this for you. We hope to hear from you soon *GW
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:14 am

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Sorry EY, I had an unresolved issue with a get lost response, but we hope you will continue flying EY.

Strangely enough the issue does not exists any more, someone at EY made a correction???

Sure, just did my first return trip BKK-BRU on QR in J. A380 and B787, just super service and super J seats.
If EY J got 4* rating QR gets 5* from me.

I have a second QR J trip booked and paid, 1st segment will get me silver, a 3rd return in 2015 might bring me up to gold, anyone wants my remaining 26k miles?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 12:40 am

Dear LausanneBoy,

We are here and would like to help, kindly send us the (RQID) case reference and we will contact the officer looking after this case. *GW
Old Apr 29, 2015, 1:10 am
Original Poster

Thumbs down Update from EY

Just got this response from the "Etihad Feedback" department:

Our ref: -
29 April 2015

Dear Mr LausanneBoy,

We have received your correspondence from our Social Media team, and I regret to learn that you remain unhappy with our response.

I have reviewed your case on several occasions and unfortunately our response and position remains unchanged. We appreciate the inconvenience you experienced when you travelled with us and Etihad has taken on board the fact that we did not meet with your expectations, for which we are extremely sorry.

Please allow me to reiterate that we do not offer complimentary miles as a matter of course and the miles credited to your account as a gesture of goodwill can not be improved upon.

I believe your case was both factually and empathetically handled and in light of the foregoing I have to draw this case to a conclusion and now regard this matter as closed.

Thank you for your understanding.

Yours Sincerely,
[Name]
Guest Relations Officer
Really Etihad, are you effing kidding me? It took you all this while to come up with this idiotic response?
Old Apr 29, 2015, 2:31 am

Dear LausanneBoy,

could you let us know your email address so we can find your case? Thank you. *LK
Old Apr 29, 2015, 5:30 am
Original Poster

Angry Unbelievable

Dear LausanneBoy,

could you let us know your email address so we can find your case? Thank you. *LK

I think you guys already know my email address...otherwise how could you come up with this even more boilerplate response than your Etihad Guest Relations Officer in my pm...

Dear Guest,

We have contact our team and they have confirmed they have contacted you directly and with regret there is no more that can be done from our end.

Regards *GW

Unbelievable! One incompetent guest service agent who decided to credit my account with 7'000 miles as a "generous gesture of goodwill" without considering the details of my complaints and a bunch of other agents backing her up thinking this is sufficient. Emails to other handles at Etihad all being forwarded back to the same original incompetent agent who thinks 7'000 miles is a very generous for a broken F seat on a 14hr flight and a substandard "Jetihad" service. Is EY this severely understaffed?

Shame

Last edited by LausanneBoy; Apr 29, 2015 at 5:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.