Wiki Posts
Search

Redemption Help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2015, 2:59 am
Original Poster

Redemption Help

Morning,

Trrying to book a ticket in First Residence between London and Abu Dhabi for two adults and one infant (0-2).

I know that you can use miles and cash if you don't have enough points so the 'normal' total is 219,836 for the two adults plus 10,910 for the infant and 75% of that is 173,060 and I have 174,000 but it won't let me book and says i don't have enough miles. If I remove the infant then I am able to move onto the next screen.

Does anyone know what I am doing wrong?

Is it 75% of the adult miles but 100% of the infant miles?

Do I need to transfer more miles over?

Thanks
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:02 am

The Residence? You mean the First APARTMENT

Eithadguest.com is known to be ultra buggy, so I suggest you give them a call.
Old Apr 21, 2015, 3:06 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mlqsko
The Residence? You mean the First APARTMENT

Eithadguest.com is known to be ultra buggy, so I suggest you give them a call.
Yes sorry you are right, it is the apartment....lol
Old Apr 21, 2015, 11:38 am

Programs: EY Gold AB Gold Europcar Privilege Executive
Possibly the system doesn't recognize the availability for three redemption tickets on the one flight, even though your infant ticket doesn't get a seat?

Or maybe the system is having a hard time doing a Miles plus cash and infant booking all at once!
Best give them a call!
Old Apr 21, 2015, 9:21 pm

Programs: Etihad Guest, BA Blue, AMEX Gold
I'm sorry if this may intrude your thread, but i found it appropriate to ask: do we get guest and tier miles on redemption bookings if you book normal economy/business saver using miles instead of guest economy/business?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by Luftihad777
I'm sorry if this may intrude your thread, but i found it appropriate to ask: do we get guest and tier miles on redemption bookings if you book normal economy/business saver using miles instead of guest economy/business?
If you are using miles, you never earn miles.
Old Apr 22, 2015, 5:54 am

Programs: Etihad Guest, BA Blue, AMEX Gold
Originally Posted by mlqsko
If you are using miles, you never earn miles.
Etihad's website says the only classes ineligible for miles are T,N,I and O. now whenever I do a dummy booking on their rewards flights page using my miles, it books into L or V, which earn me 50% guest miles and 100% tier miles. Their website doesn't really specify what happens with earning guest/tier miles when booking a redemption flight. I find this very confusing
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:11 am

Originally Posted by Luftihad777
Etihad's website says the only classes ineligible for miles are T,N,I and O. now whenever I do a dummy booking on their rewards flights page using my miles, it books into L or V, which earn me 50% guest miles and 100% tier miles. Their website doesn't really specify what happens with earning guest/tier miles when booking a redemption flight. I find this very confusing
Old Apr 22, 2015, 7:58 am
Original Poster

Well the call centre is even more useless than their car-crash of a website.

Am told that the call centre can only do cash booking for infants and not redemptions. So if the website doesn't work and the call centre only takes cash then the customer is in the middle. How is this joke of an airline still operating?
Old Apr 22, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
How is this joke of an airline still operating?
Subsidy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.