Search

Advice on routes / fares

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2015, 1:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Advice on routes / fares

Hi,
I'm currently working in Islamabad and am looking at flight options for a family break in South Asia.

However, when I try and look for flights to many South Asian destinations (Bali etc) the destinations do not come up - presumably because it isn't an obvious route, as there'll be doubling back on myself. The only way I've found to do it is through the multi city option. This, however, produces very expensive fares (£2,000) even in comparison to flying much further to destinations that it does allow - e.g the USA and Australia.

Does anyone know any workarounds?

Thanks in advance
Gareth
Old Mar 5, 2015, 4:32 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
ring etihad because as you say your trip is not logical in that you are doubling back. Mind you there is the question of why not fly a more direct route with another carrrier
Old Mar 5, 2015, 10:59 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skywards
Thanks for this. There are limited carriers flying to / from Islamabad and none to the countries in thinking of - though Thai fly there, which is an option for Bali.
Old Mar 6, 2015, 3:40 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
etihad do not fly to Bali so change is required anyway in Jakata or KL

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.