AUH/JFK A380 Announced

Old Mar 19, 2015, 12:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by m0hamed
You're confusing defined terminology. What is a courtesy hold? If you mean you placed the reservation on hold then went to pay for it later this means that you were not ticketed. All holds and reservations expire if not ticketed by a certain time frame.

EY inventory is beyond AA's control.

Requesting a seat is available on holds and reservations, you do not need to be ticketed to make seat selection.
I'm sorry, I didn't see this repply

I had a courtesy hold, the famous AA 5 days Hold, I tried to pay (get ticketed) before the expiration, but Etihad decided to drop my F seat on the third day (1 day after the announcement). They canceled all A380 F seat that were on hold, and they blocked all F seat too.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:52 am

Programs: UA, Marriott Lifetime Plat
What are the odds that Etihad will open award space in F on the A380? I have an award ticket in Biz, but hoping to get into F.

Secondly, if nothing opens up, would I be able to upgrade on the day of departure? If so, how would this happen? Would it be cash, points, etc...?
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:39 pm

Eventually they will open F seats in few months, they did the same with AUH-LHR and AUH-SYD, it just matter of time.
Keep in mind that they usually open additional seats 7 to 1 day before your departure.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:34 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by fedechat
Eventually they will open F seats in few months, they did the same with AUH-LHR and AUH-SYD, it just matter of time.
Keep in mind that they usually open additional seats 7 to 1 day before your departure.
This is untrue. Unlike EK, there is no predictability to EY awards. The T-7 or T-1 day rule is definitely not a fact.

The best thing to do is to set up an E/F alert or keep checking.

I'm not sure if other ticket stock get Plusgrade offers, however you could certainly apply to pay cash on departure.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:56 am

I'm not sure if other ticket stock get Plusgrade offers, however you could certainly apply to pay cash on departure.
What is Plusgrade and how do I apply for it?
Old Mar 23, 2015, 8:11 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
EY send you an email 7 days out, I think? Options are https://www.etihad.com/en-gb/before-...grade-options/
Old Mar 24, 2015, 10:28 pm

This is untrue. Unlike EK, there is no predictability to EY awards. The T-7 or T-1 day rule is definitely not a fact.

The best thing to do is to set up an E/F alert or keep checking.

They will release more seats as long the cabin is not full/sold out, they usually will keep 2 seats, and the rest will be available for awards at T-7~T-1 (90% of the time).
As you may know, they only release only 2 seats in F/J at T-300~T330. Besides, you can't get alerts from EF, they don't have access to EY awards.
Old Mar 25, 2015, 8:33 am

But given that I've booked my JFK-AUH-BOM flight using AA miles, would I even be offered an upgrade? I'm confirmed in J, but hoping to upgrade to F in order to experience the Apartments :-)
Old Mar 25, 2015, 6:00 pm

I was able to confirm 2 F seats from JFK-AUH for next January on EY102 a couple of weeks ago. There were two other dates available at the time but disappeared pretty quickly. Just keep checking. Good luck.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:37 am

Originally Posted by Cynnamin
I was able to confirm 2 F seats from JFK-AUH for next January on EY102 a couple of weeks ago. There were two other dates available at the time but disappeared pretty quickly. Just keep checking. Good luck.
Was that a paid booking, or using AA miles?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Juggy007
But given that I've booked my JFK-AUH-BOM flight using AA miles, would I even be offered an upgrade? I'm confirmed in J, but hoping to upgrade to F in order to experience the Apartments :-)
Just wait and start checking 2 weeks before your departure, you may find more seats, then call AA to change your JFK-AUH to F, but I think you already know that right? after all you are AA EXP.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Juggy007
Was that a paid booking, or using AA miles?
Using AA miles. It took about a week to ticket.
Old May 7, 2015, 4:20 am

I have following itinerary on hold.

AVL to CLT AA 5297 First

CLT to JFK AA 1722 First

JFK to AUH EY 102 A380 First

AUH to BOM EY 206 B787 First

Since this will be my first time on highly sought after EY A380 in First (90,000 AA Miles)what kind of experience one can expect? Thanks!

Last edited by Habsone; May 7, 2015 at 4:31 am
Old May 7, 2015, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by Habsone
Since this will be my first time on highly sought after EY A380 in First (90,000 AA Miles)what kind of experience one can expect? Thanks!
http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...abi-to-london/

http://thedesignair.net/2015/03/02/e...february-2015/
Old May 7, 2015, 8:56 am

Just came to realize that AUH to BOM flight is in New Boeing 787 Dreamliner. Best of both worlds.

Thank you, mlqsko

Last edited by Habsone; May 7, 2015 at 5:59 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.