Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earning tier miles on KLM codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Feb 26, 2015, 7:01 pm
Original Poster

Earning tier miles on KLM codeshare

I'm hoping someone here can confirm whether Etihad codeshare flights on KLM metal from Abu Dhabi to AMS earn tier miles. I believe they should but you just never know.

Also, do you earn miles on Etihad reward flights?

Thanks in advance
Old Feb 27, 2015, 3:36 am

Programs: TK Elite (*A Gold)
Yes you earn miles
Old Feb 27, 2015, 6:42 pm
Original Poster

yep , cheers. Only had concerns after reading this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...-alitalia.html

and Alitalia is an Etihad equity partner. Seems to be a few odd rules.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 12:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by -Kris-
Yes you earn miles
I decided to ring Etihad customer service to confirm that I'd be eligible for tier miles on KLM. Was advised that we would, asked twice just to be sure and was told it was a definite. So happily proceeded to book online secure in the knowledge that we would now earn enough miles to reach gold status.

After booking, we have now been advised that we DO NOT earn tier miles on EY codeshare flights on KLM as they are not a partner airline. Outside the 24 hr window to rebook for free so if we want gold we will have to rebook on another flight at our cost despite arguing that we were advised by the contact centre that it was a certainty. What does one do if they cannot trust advice from the Etihad Contact centre?

Only hope for compensation due to wrong advice is that they have stated that they will listen to the call and consider it from there. I think it is unfair we have to pick up the bill. Any advice appreciated.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
Originally Posted by RED123
yep , cheers. Only had concerns after reading this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...-alitalia.html

and Alitalia is an Etihad equity partner. Seems to be a few odd rules.
Ethiad isn't in any Alliance so they have different rules for each partner.
In the mileage thread there is a lot of information on a fare from JFK/AUH. Some people booked it through CDG planning on AA miles. Everyone found out you get 50% on miles and 0 on EQM's. So it sounds like they have similar rules for all of their partners.
Most agents aren't experts even though they should be. Many times they get mixed up with FF miles and EQM's for status miles.
Good luck hopefully everything works out after they listen to the tape. Also sometimes [email protected] can help.

Last edited by jjmiller69; Mar 3, 2015 at 10:08 am
Old Mar 3, 2015, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Thanks jjmiller69 for the link. Hopefully, it resolves well but we all know how these things can go.
Old Mar 11, 2015, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

So we rang Etihad and the customer service person researched and confirmed we would not earn tier miles on that particular KLM codeshare flight (EY3708). The only choice we had, given that we needed the miles, was for him to reissue our ticket with AUH-AMS on Etihad metal. At our cost.

The latest email from Etihad now confirms that EY3708 is eligible for tier miles. Well, days ago, we spent 45mins on the phone with Etihad confirming that they weren't and have now rebooked based on that information. Its becoming bizarre. So far, Etihad has absolved themselves of any responsibility. Is it possible to escalate the complaint because this seems unacceptable?
Old Mar 12, 2015, 3:03 am

Wondering; booking an EY flight online, adding my TopBonus number... can I also get on top the EY Guest miles or is it only the one I choose?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by -Kris-
Wondering; booking an EY flight online, adding my TopBonus number... can I also get on top the EY Guest miles or is it only the one I choose?
If you added your Topbonus number, it displaced your Etihad Guest number.

For any particular flight, you can only ever earn miles in one programme.

There is only one set of miles available per flight - if you tell them to put them in your topbonus account, that's where they will go. If you tell them to put them in your Etihad guest account, that's where they will go. If you've told them that you have both of these accounts, and have given them both numbers, whichever is the latest number given, that's where they will go.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 7:07 am

Cheers, I'll stick to the TB
Old Mar 13, 2015, 7:54 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Dear RED123,

We would certainly like to look into this for you, kindly send us a private message with your booking reference and we will contact our Etihad Guest team to help accordingly *GW
Old May 13, 2015, 4:01 pm

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear RED123,

We would certainly like to look into this for you, kindly send us a private message with your booking reference and we will contact our Etihad Guest team to help accordingly *GW
Dear EtihadHelp.

I was wondering if you help me. Aug 2013 We flew Etihad from CDG-AUH. The ticker was purchased from KLM website and was sold to us as an Air France flight operated by Etihad.

I checked in at Etihad Counter at Paris (CDG), Provide Etihad Guest Numbers on checkin, Got Etihad Boarding passes, Got Etihad Bag Tags, The inflight crew and service were Etihad. But the Etihad did not credit miles.

On sending email inquiry to Etihad, I was told that miles cannot be obtained as it was a KLM ticket, which I find it amusing insptite of all the Etihad services.

Thank you
Old May 13, 2015, 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by aarbee
Dear EtihadHelp.

I was wondering if you help me. Aug 2013 We flew Etihad from CDG-AUH. The ticker was purchased from KLM website and was sold to us as an Air France flight operated by Etihad.

I checked in at Etihad Counter at Paris (CDG), Provide Etihad Guest Numbers on checkin, Got Etihad Boarding passes, Got Etihad Bag Tags, The inflight crew and service were Etihad. But the Etihad did not credit miles.

On sending email inquiry to Etihad, I was told that miles cannot be obtained as it was a KLM ticket, which I find it amusing insptite of all the Etihad services.

Thank you
What they told you is accurate, no miles earnt on KL/AF coded flights even if operated by EY.

Also you're way past the window for a retro claim!

Last edited by edy4eva; May 13, 2015 at 5:41 pm
Old May 14, 2015, 7:59 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by aarbee
Dear EtihadHelp.

Thank you
Dear Guest,

Kindly visit the below website to see if your flights were entitled for earning miles with Etihad Guest.

Please be advised that we can only credit miles for the flights within 6 months.

Hope this info may help. Thank you. *JS
Old May 15, 2015, 9:36 am

And, you do not get your KLM ff level acknowledged

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.