Search

Why I give up on Etihad

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17, 2014, 12:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: TK E,*G, A-Club G
Why I give up on Etihad

Why I give up on Etihad.

I have been flying EY BKK-BRU 2x/year since 2007 and had gold status for 4 years until 2013 flying business class whenever I find a good deal.

But is seems since EY switched to SABRE reservation system I have problems booking my biz class tickets, mostly no seats available in the lowest booking codes. When I check each leg with expertflyer.com seating is mostly open.

in 20123 I got one good deal, had too book cattle class for the other trip and had misery to upgrade both with miles and the bidding system. Thus I did not fly the 40k miles to keep gold status for 2014.

Same kind of booking problems in 2014, I planned an early 2015 trip in order to exceed 50k miles within the 12 month window. Again for months I have not found convenient return dates for my trip, bad timings because I want the 20.30 flight leaving BKK and return on the 11.30 out of BRU. Most of the dates I try give no seats available, propose the 02.30 flight out of BKK or a TGV train to CDG, and these are no no.
Again, expertflyer.com shows plenty of seats available on all segments and I can book BKK-AUH and AUH-BRU separately for these segments, but I will not for such prices.

I regularly receive promotion mails from Qatar and bit the bullet on their last deal of 25% discount and booked a trip for March/April, took me 5 minutes, good flight timing and A380 2x on BKK-DOH leg, B787 on DOH-BRU.

I enjoyed flying EY business class though and if QR is equally good I will plan 3 trips in 12 months time and have gold status with QR, although status is no longer a priority.

I mailed several complaints to EY HO with zero replies.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 10:34 am

Well what I noticed when booking BKK-AUH-FRA v.v. for next April, the system showed the messages "only 2 seats left". After the purchase of my tkt the same message was still there. I checked.

So something seems fishy.
Old Dec 22, 2014, 11:00 am

Sometimes it is best to vote with your feet

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.