Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Etihad Guest Gold benefits on Jet Airways flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:21 am
Original Poster

I flew last week on a Jet Airways flight from Mumbai to Dubai. My EY Gold number was in the PNR.

At check-in, I was denied access to the priority checkin line (despite presenting the EY Gold card) as I was advised that EY Gold do not have benefits on 9W operated flights, but only 9W elites have benefits on EY operated flights.

When I showed them the web page on Etihad's site ( http://www.etihadguest.com/en/earn-m...e/jet-airways/ ) that states very clearly that there is entitlement to Priority Checkin, Priority Boarding, Extra Baggage Allowance and Lounge Access for EY Gold, they got very defensive and ultra-polite.

"Sir, this airline is Jet Airways sir. This website you are showing us is for Etihad Airways sir. That is a different airline sir. I am sorry but we cannot do anything about something that is put on another website in error sir. There is nothing on the Jet Airways website about Etihad Airways Gold cards sir. Only about Jet Airways Gold cards flying on Etihad Airways flights sir. So sorry sir. Please take it up with Etihad Airways sir. They should not have given you wrong information sir."

So what exactly is the policy for EY Gold flying on 9W metal? The website seems to be very clear, but I can't be the only person who has had this problem if multiple 9W staff at their biggest hub seem to be unaware of the partnership.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:53 am

Programs: Krisflyer Gold, Privlige club Silver
Good to see you B 747-437B

This definitely seems to be Jet Children Business

Should have asked for the duty manager and given the person a earful

Very disappointed to see this , just when you think things are improving

Karan
Old Nov 27, 2014, 1:25 am

Programs: QR Gold/CX Silver/EK Silver/EY Gold/Spire Royal Ambassador/Hilton Diamond
Im sure the staff at check in was ignorant. i flew domestically and checked into the business class counter, was able to use the lounge and also was upgraded so at times like these call the duty manager.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
This is the typical absurdness that drives me crazy whenever using one airlines FF status on another airline. While the website may state one thing, the robots at checkin, gate and elsewhere will parrot something else. Infuriating. Sometimes I wonder why airlines even bother to tie up with each other if they're not going to bother to train their staff appropriately.
Old Nov 27, 2014, 8:52 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Typical of the so-called joined up “partner” airline arrangements that EY are so fond of. EY & their partners have a loooonng way to go to fix stuff like this. Too much to soon without any real depth being applied to such matters, especially where their partners are concerned. Proper alliances tend not to be this way. Sad, really.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt: Diamond. Marriott: Platinum. AA: EXP 1MM. Delta: Silver. Etihad: Silver. Emirates Silver
Originally Posted by NoY
Typical of the so-called joined up “partner” airline arrangements that EY are so fond of. EY & their partners have a loooonng way to go to fix stuff like this. Too much to soon without any real depth being applied to such matters, especially where their partners are concerned. Proper alliances tend not to be this way. Sad, really.
To a certain extent I can give some latitude and understanding to this when something new is being implemented, there is always initial teething problems, but airlines often don't even acknowledge that there is in fact a problem that needs to be fixed, instead they're adept at blaming their partner airline or passing the buck or even worse, making it look like in fact it's all your fault.
Eventually these unwieldy alliances will fall apart if EY cannot enforce some consistency and uniformity in how it's FF program is rolled out and implemented with partners.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 12:20 am
Original Poster

Trying to get clarification out of Jet Airways on this issue is impossible. Their Guest Relations people seem to lack basic comprehension skills.

Good day -

I am an Etihad Guest Gold level member who flew last week from Mumbai to Dubai on Jet Airways. At check-in, I was denied access to the priority checkin line (despite presenting the Etihad Guest Gold card) as I was advised that Etihad Guest Gold do not have benefits on Jet Airways operated flights.

Can you please clarify the actual situation regarding Etihad Guest Gold members entitlement to benefits when flying on Jet Airways operated flights as the availability or non-availability of priority services will make a significant difference in my choice of carriers for future travel.

Thank you in advance.

Yours sincerely,

Dear Sir

Thank you for your email and contacting Jet Airways.

By a copy of this email, we are forwarding your communication to our Jet Privilege Service Centre on their email address [email protected].

For any further correspondence on the subject we request you coordinate with them on the above mentioned email address.

Sincerely

Guest Relations
Jet Airways (India) Limited
Dear Guest Relations,

With all due respect, I am not a member of JetPrivilege and have no intention of becoming one. Therefore there is very little that the JetPrivilege Service Center can do to assist me. My issue deals with benefits not being provided on Jet Airways operated flights. That is an airline issue and hence it was addressed to Jet Airways Guest Relations.

Yours sincerely,
Dear Sir

For any further correspondence on the subject of Jet Privilege membership we request you coordinate with the Jet Privilege Service Centre directly.

Sincerely

Guest Relations
Dear Guest Relations,

As I mentioned before, I am not a member of JetPrivilege. I cannot be assisted by the JetPrivilege Service Center. I need an answer from Jet Airways Guest Relations on this issue. This has nothing to do with JetPrivilege. Kindly assist.

Yours sincerely,
Dear Sir

Kindly direct your inquiries on the issue of Jet Privilege Membership benefits to the Jet Privilege Service Centre on their email address [email protected].

Sincerely

Guest Relations
I give up!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:51 am

Programs: EY Gold AB Gold Europcar Privilege Executive
Why not email jet privilege and see what they say?!
Old Dec 4, 2014, 2:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by minmaguire
Why not email jet privilege and see what they say?!
I have. They haven't responded yet.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:16 am

Originally Posted by B747-437B
Their Guest Relations people seem to lack basic comprehension skills.
^

This is the single biggest problem with customer facing/dealing staff, where they are not adequately trained or just don't have problem solving skills to address and alleviate an issue or query. You just end up dealing with stereotypes parroting corporate pieties and formulaic responses with little or no thought.

Having said that, I would not be surprised that EY have an automated computer program that "reads" your email and based on certain key words and sentences automatically spews out a canned response like you've been receiving (I believe there are some large corporations here in the US who use this technology as a first line of response before an email get's seen/read by a real human).

I actually had a similar issue, miles were not being credited for 2 sectors flown (had upgraded using the bidding for upgrades system, system doesn't recognize fare class when issued new BP, so no miles are credited). I emailed, called etc., was promised rectification, nothing ever happened. After 4-5 months I gave up, just had enough.
Old Dec 12, 2014, 4:54 am
Original Poster

The JetPrivilege random word generator has come to life.

Dear Sir,

Allow us to mention that for the information pertaining to benefits and privileges for Etihad frequent flyer members travelling on Jetairways flights, may we request you to contact Etihad service centre as they would be in the better position to you accordingly.

Yours sincerely,
For JetPrivilege Private Limited
JetPrivilege Service Centre
Looks like nobody is willing to actually admit that there are benefits due, or benefits not due in this case.
Old Dec 18, 2014, 5:42 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, Herz Gold, Regus Businessworld Gold
Is it possible to apply any of EY benefits (purely theoretically after the "nice" B747-437B`s experience) on the 9W marked flight (589- eticket) to India from Munich, where international segment is operated by LH and the intra-indian with 9W?
Old Dec 27, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: TK Gold, QR Gold, BA Bronze
EY Gold Card n Jet Airways

Hi
I flew from LHR/MAA via Bom on Jet in July 2014
Had almost a similar experience.
In LHR I was sent by the SKY Lounge,which Jet uses,to EY Lounge,where a nice and helpful lady called SKY lounge and firmly explained the rules.I was surprised at the ignorance of the staff at the SKY Lounge.
I had no problem in BOM domestic lounge,nothing great except the free wifi is limited to 30mins only.
On return staff at MAA domestic lounge were unaware of the arrangement between EY and 9W but allowed me in.
Guess what at BOM they were totally lost,took my card,boarding card,passport details before letting me in.
Its not EY fault.
There has to a change in 9W mind set and EY has to ensure that the check in staff is aware of the rules
Old Jan 3, 2015, 1:59 pm
Original Poster

The ping-pong continues.

Etihad responded that I am entitled to lounge access when flying with Virgin Australia.

I responded that Virgin Australia had nothing to do with my question and that I was asking about Jet Airways.

Etihad apologised for the error but advised that I should enquire from Jet Airways regarding benefits for Jet Privilege members flying on Virgin Australia.

I responded that I was not a Jet Privilege member, nor was I flying Virgin Australia.

Etihad forwarded my message to Jet Privilege to answer.

Jet Privilege has responded to ask for my Jet Privilege number so that they can better assist me.

Am I dealing with a bunch of morons in the twilight zone????
Old Jan 3, 2015, 2:46 pm
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
B747: hilarious ^
Why does this sound so familiar to me dealing with EY?
Though their onboard experience is in my view outstanding, their service center seems to have room for improvement.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.