Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

4h15m Connection: enough to try First Class Lounge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:15 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Hilton HHonors Gold

I am landing from AMS in AUH at 7.25am and connecting to IAD at 11.30a. Will I have enough time to try the arrival lounge and have a wet shave and then go through immigration and try the open F or J lounge? Is the J lounge now open close to the gates after pre-clearance?

Thanks!
Old Oct 30, 2014, 12:30 am

Programs: EY Gold - CX Silver
Pre clearance is going to eat some of your time but you still should have enough to do both arrivals and new J lounge. The new J lounge in T3 is open but it is before pre clearance. No more lounges after.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 6:46 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
I am confused as to why you would want to use the arrivals lounge and not the others but in theory yes - but a lot of queuing
Old Nov 2, 2014, 1:47 am
gkl

Programs: FB Ulti, QR-Gold (OWS), TK *Gold, Bonvoy Ambassadort Elite, GHA Titanium, Accor Platinum
probably for the wet shave
for me immigration was ultra-fast in AUH, never waited more than 1 minute. Also security is very fast after the J/F checkin. Seems to be doable to visit both lounges, however the dedicated F lounge is not open yet, only the combined C/F lounge close to gate 35. The queues in the male restroom will be the longest which you will experience
Old Nov 3, 2014, 12:22 pm
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
In my experience in the mornings the security queues are not very short. Once I waited more than 15 minutes to pass the security. But you will surely can visit both lounges if your flights are on time.
Old Nov 4, 2014, 4:04 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
On my last trip in the evening it took me more than 30 minutes to clear the security when transferring and that was in the premium lane because they were only using one of the two scanners. The two economy lanes were quicker

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.