Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Etihad Airways | Etihad Guest
Reload this Page >

Is the F lounge in AUH3 open? Still waiting in 2016

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is the F lounge in AUH3 open? Still waiting in 2016

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Flashback:

Originally Posted by ASUDan130
Just read that the F Lounge now will not open until April of 2015.

http://www.etihad.com/en/experience-...-class-lounge/
They seem to like dates in April.

Come back next year when they will be talking about opening in April 2017...

Bear in mind that the Midfield Terminal is scheduled to open in 2017.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 7:24 am

My suggestion for EY is to have a proper F meet and greet service for arriving + transfer passengers in AUH. Ground services for F are the same as business (and often pretty close to economy). The lounge is a bit less important to me.
Old Oct 10, 2015, 5:58 am
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by erik123
My suggestion for EY is to have a proper F meet and greet service for arriving + transfer passengers in AUH. Ground services for F are the same as business (and often pretty close to economy). The lounge is a bit less important to me.
I agree with you there. The ground services at AUH after you have checked in are nothing short of a joke.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 6:01 pm

Noticed that TC changed for Platinum guests regarding lounge access ;
- No longer get to bring guest into first lounge but only business
- No longer mention that first lounge is currently closed in abu dhabi

Lounge access (see point 2, 5)
You are invited to our World-Class First Class Lounge in Abu Dhabi International Airport as well as to our luxury lounges exclusive for First Class guests at all other airports when traveling on Etihad Airways by simply presenting your Platinum card.

If you wish take an accompanying guest along, you can enjoy the true luxury of our exclusive Business Class Lounge regardless of your class of travel on Etihad Airways.
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:25 pm
HB7

Programs: BA Exec Club, SIA KrisFlyer, Qantas FF, Emirates Skywards
Originally Posted by mike84k
- No longer mention that first lounge is currently closed in abu dhabi

You are invited to our World-Class First Class Lounge in Abu Dhabi International Airport as well as to our luxury lounges exclusive for First Class guests at all other airports when traveling on Etihad Airways by simply presenting your Platinum card.

If you wish take an accompanying guest along, you can enjoy the true luxury of our exclusive Business Class Lounge regardless of your class of travel on Etihad Airways.
Sometimes I think Etihad is purposefully trying to ruin their brand further. Like the ridiculous "Etihadhelp" they introduced, this measure to me doesn't even make sense. And at this moment in time, they don't even have a first class lounge and won't have one for at least another 3-4 months - so what is the point?
Old Oct 11, 2015, 7:46 pm

Seems i may be mistaken. Their site now has 2 different versions depending what link you look at ;

1. CAN GUEST TO BUSINESS LOUNGE
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/progra...ership-levels/

2. CAN GUEST TO FIRST LOUNGE
http://www.etihadguest.com/en/progra...fits/platinum/
Lounge access (2,5,9)
You and an accompanying guest are invited to our World-Class First Class Lounge in Abu Dhabi International Airport as well as to our luxury lounges exclusive for First Class guests at all other airports by simply presenting your Etihad Guest Paltinum card regardless of your class of travel on Etihad Airways.

Last edited by mike84k; Oct 11, 2015 at 7:57 pm
Old Oct 11, 2015, 8:21 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
We flew EY F in Nov 2014 and I had to explain to my wife why there was only this little roped off area for 5 of us to try to find a seat. This was 3 months after she had flown LH F and used the FRA FCT and gotten a car to the plane. We are flying EY F again in December 2015 and I don't have the heart to tell her EY still haven't fixed this. I guess I'll have to tell her she's taking one for the team to get into the A380 apartment ;-)
Old Oct 11, 2015, 11:51 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by stephem
We flew EY F in Nov 2014 and I had to explain to my wife why there was only this little roped off area for 5 of us to try to find a seat. This was 3 months after she had flown LH F and used the FRA FCT and gotten a car to the plane. We are flying EY F again in December 2015 and I don't have the heart to tell her EY still haven't fixed this. I guess I'll have to tell her she's taking one for the team to get into the A380 apartment ;-)
Real #FirstWorldProblems
Old Oct 12, 2015, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mike84k
There ARE no Etihad First Lounges.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 11:14 am

Programs: BA, SPG
Originally Posted by stephem
For you I hope that is tounge firmly in cheek, if not I can point you in the direction of a divorce lawyer or hitman the second option prob cheaper in the long run. ��

BTW my comment is based on having flown first on A380 out of AUH and would rather that than a kick ... lounge and car to plane any day. I would have settled for 10 hours on Tarmac for the Apartment flight. I also paid for my ticket and was happy with the full experience.

Last edited by BrianLeahy; Oct 12, 2015 at 11:23 am
Old Oct 14, 2015, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

for those following this thread: I asked in the "Ask EtihadHelp" thread if there were any updates on the work in the First Lounge at AUH.

Here's the reply:

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear guests,

Thank you for your comments.

We regret to inform you there is no update for the lounge renovation in T3. However this is also subjected to the airport operational plans.

We will post our latest plans for airport lounges and others information on our social channels once we heard more.

Thank you. *JS
I wonder if the "airport operational plans" is just a code for "we are not going to bother with a First Lounge until we move to the midfield terminal".
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:00 pm

Thanks irishguy28 for the post! That surely doesn't sound positive. Dear Etihad Airways, "no update for the lounge renovation" means there is no work going on at all now?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 1:07 pm

No way this lounge is opening by the end of Spring 2016. There still hasn't been anything official confirmed by Etihad only blog reps which isn't reliable.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Originally Posted by irishguy28

I wonder if the "airport operational plans" is just a code for "we are not going to bother with a First Lounge until we move to the midfield terminal".
And what makes you so sure they'll bother with a First Lounge even after they move to the midfield terminal?
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:14 pm

Programs: Etihad Platinum. Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
A very disappointing, yet highly predictable response from Etihad. Endless false promises for its loyal and premium passengers. Quite honestly, I believe no renovation work has ever been done, nor will it ever be done. Disappointing in the extreme.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.