Arrival into Washington Dulles IAD

Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
Arrival into Washington Dulles IAD

With AUH preclearance now active, what are the actual logistics involved for arrival into IAD? For pax ending journey at IAD, do you simply arrive at the gate and enter the airside concourse as any other domestic passenger, and then make your way to domestic baggage claim? Or are you still in some fashion segregated and come through the international arrivals section?

Reason I'm asking is that I'm picking up a relative in a couple of days, and I will have the opportunity to be airside at IAD, so am wondering if it is possible for me to meet him at the gate area as he disembarks, or will I have to wait at baggage claim?

Mobile reception is sometimes questionable in baggage claim, so it would be much easier to meet at the gate if that's an option.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Gold; AA Dirt; HH Diamond; National Emerald; CONTROL SecretAgent Platinum; KAOS EvilFlyer Gold
I can now answer my own question.

Passengers arrive directly into airside concourse A/B. Since the EY lounge is adjacent to A14, I assume EY normally uses one of the nearby gates, A14-16.

Pax can then make their way to either onward connections or head to the main terminal to domestic baggage claim.
gbongc likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.