Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has EtihadHelp actually helped?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2015, 10:04 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
How many other airlines have 'reps' from their respective companies posting though I wonder?
Old Jul 1, 2015, 11:45 pm

Originally Posted by jubbing
How many other airlines have 'reps' from their respective companies posting though I wonder?
They are not reps, they are bots.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:28 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, AA, Qantas, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by mlqsko
They are not reps, they are bots.
The question still stands. Bots or reps I don't care.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 12:52 am

For a Flyertalk company representative done right, I point you the Starwood Lurkers on the SPG board.

They are a real asset to SPG and the customer experience, not an absolute liability as some others seem to be.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 3:57 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by jubbing
Any airline genuinely interested in customer service and improving should be monitoring this (and other social media sites).

*Where appropriate they should provide answers to questions on the site
*Where appropriate they should pick up a complaint (best by PM) and then take ownership to solve the issue
*They should be compiling a summary of all issues raised on all the social media, direct complaints to the airline and customer satisfaction research and reporting monthly to the Board

The problem is that Etihad seem to think the solution is simply having someone responding saying please "pm" me and not addressing the real issues that are sometimes raised and need addressing.

Used properly this could be a valuable resource to Etihad shame it is not
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:11 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
By the way readers might like to read posts 17 and 18 on this thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/etiha...l#post25058520
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:45 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
EtihadHelp has, in my eyes, damaged Etihad's reputation, and continues to chip away at this with every intervention.

Etihad clearly are at the bottom of the scale when it comes to cumstomer complaint handling. For all those who profess a love for Etihad - I used to be one, too! - just keep praying that you continue to have no need to rely on them to sort out any problems that you may encounter. And not even big, challenging problems - just the normal day-to-day stuff that any airline should be expected to cope with with minimum fuss and delay.

I used to love Etihad. Certainly, the lounges, and the service in the air are generally excellent. But when you need the airline or the FFP to sort out an issue for you, it's as if you're dealing with a different entity. Even Ryanair, before its new customer-friendly incarnation, would be embarrassed by the standard of handling of customer complaints and issues.

And it is made all the more galling knowing that there is a team of "helpers" posting here from the EtihadHelp account when they are actually doing little or nothing to "help", and knowing that there are thousands of issues and tickets stacked up on their desk, dating back several months, which they clearly are ignoring in order to waste their time and ours with their posts here on FT.

agreed absolutely full of promises that lack delivery. I really was impressed at first but they only ask to private message to try to silence the complaints.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 7:36 am

Regarding my Price match issue, Etihad Help did help me, but i think my Email and added supportive evidence to the price match team made them change their mind, But it was good to be able to sound off to them when i was not happy.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 1:51 pm

I contacted EtihadHelp twice via PM. One regarding fare rules for flights, which they responded to with useless information that wasn't relevant. When I pointed this out, they just told me to email their generic email address. With about 15 minutes of Googling and using these forums, I was able to find the answer in the end, which goes to show how poorly trained the people are. Secondly, AMEX had the 25% bonus points on if you transferred before the 30th June and after nearly 2 weeks of waiting they have not arrived, so after numerous contacts I thought I'd try EtihadHelp again, and just got told it wasn't great and they'd try and contact. Upon asking for an update, nothing 3 days later. I don't think it's fair to talk about someone in such a derogatory light, as ultimately it is a human being at the end of the keyboard, but I will say that what others have said, and that they appear to be doing more damage than good by being here and giving the false impression they can or will help.
Old Jul 2, 2015, 4:01 pm

I PM'ed EtihadHelp to change Etihad Express coach bus timing
Let's see how that works out, I have no expectation (which means I'll call their reservation line later)

I'm Etihad Gold
but honestly, I doubt their Etihad-Gold-only Twitter may be much of use too
Old Jul 2, 2015, 5:53 pm

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by jerryhung
Let's see how that works out, I have no expectation (which means I'll call their reservation line later)

I'm Etihad Gold
The Etihad - Gold Twitter is the worst of the lot and they have absolutely no clue of what they are saying.. Gosh! I have never seen anything more stereotyped than these characters of Etihad
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:28 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by jerryhung

I'm Etihad Gold
Dear jerryhung,

We have informed our reservation team to assist you to change the coach time.

Thank you. *JS
Old Jul 3, 2015, 11:07 am

Originally Posted by EtihadHelp
Dear jerryhung,

We have informed our reservation team to assist you to change the coach time.

Thank you. *JS
I've seen the PM, and will post the turnaround time after resolution
Thank you
Old Jul 4, 2015, 4:55 am
Company Representative, Etihad

Originally Posted by gojko88
Perfect summary. I really like Etihad and appreciate what they're trying to become, but their customer service is ages behind industry leaders in terms of responsiveness.
Dear gojko88,

Thank you for your feedback. We do understand this and we are trying to serve a better customer service here.

While sometimes the issues are related to other departments and airlines, Etihad will need to liaise with the concerned team to get a response.

We will strive to enhance the customer service and provide a more pleasant flight experience. Thank you. *JS
Old Jul 6, 2015, 2:16 am

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
I contacted EtihadHelp twice via PM. One regarding fare rules for flights, which they responded to with useless information that wasn't relevant. When I pointed this out, they just told me to email their generic email address. With about 15 minutes of Googling and using these forums, I was able to find the answer in the end, which goes to show how poorly trained the people are. Secondly, AMEX had the 25% bonus points on if you transferred before the 30th June and after nearly 2 weeks of waiting they have not arrived, so after numerous contacts I thought I'd try EtihadHelp again, and just got told it wasn't great and they'd try and contact. Upon asking for an update, nothing 3 days later. I don't think it's fair to talk about someone in such a derogatory light, as ultimately it is a human being at the end of the keyboard, but I will say that what others have said, and that they appear to be doing more damage than good by being here and giving the false impression they can or will help.
True I am trying to get them to acknowledge that they are giving misleading information eg they told me to submit a damaged luggage photo to claim even thought they knew the incident happened 2 months age. Guess what - baggage claim said it had to happen with in 7 days. I tried to submit a claim on arrival but it was rejected as I did not fly F or C class. They fail to address this discrimination

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.